It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

sweetkisses1185 HB User
Unusual bleeding between periods?

I'm 24 years old. When I was younger I had abnormal periods which caused me to go onto the pill when I was 19. I've been on the same pill since I started at 19. Last month, my period was relatively normal, ending on a Saturday. That Wednesday I went to the bathroom and after wiping noticed there was a lot of blood on the toilet paper, it looked like the start of my period. The next morning everything was fine, and ever since then I would occasionally get a bloody discharge either in the morning or in the evening but I would be fine for the rest of the day or night. Once or twice it was heavy enough to need a pad, but only for a couple of hours. After every heavy bleeding I would be fine for a few days, but I noticed I had more discharge than normal. I called my Obgyn and spoke with a nurse who said I probably needed a stronger pill and it probably wasn't something to be concerned over. However, this past period before I even started a new pack, I had heavy discharge the day after my period ended and then the day after that I had a little bit of a bloody discharge only in the morning. Any ideas what this could be? Everything I've looked up has pointed to cervical cancer which is scaring me to death, but I've never had an abnormal Pap and my last one was last May. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Unusual bleeding between periods?

Since you're on the pill, then it shouldn't come as a surprise to have some kind of bleeding between periods. It happens all the time! It's called breakthrough bleeding.

I realize you have been on the same pill for a while but that doesn't matter. It can happen anytime you're on any pill. The only thing you can do is switch pills. The nurse was right that you probably need a higher dose pill if this starts becoming a regular problem.

Bleeding between periods is a very common problem for women on the pill. Everything you read about that freaked you out only applies to women who are not on any pill and have bleeding between periods. There are way different reasons for it when you're not on the pill!

So I wouldn't worry about it. Just get on another pill. No big deal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread