It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
(female)

nxicole HB User
Exclamation Bumps down there- TERRIFIED

i recently had a yeast infection that lead to a urinary tract infection. i took meds to clear both, but a yeast infection ended up returning. around the time the infection came back, i noticed bumps on my clitoris. there was one that made my clitoris super sensitive. i changed razors, and thought they were razor burns. i had a white discharge and freaked out and went to the health clinic. they examined me and took specimens to send off to the labs. They swabbed the bumps and put them under a microscope. the nurse said that it appeared to be a bacterial infection, but that they still wouldn't rule out herpes. i don't know what to do. i have to wait 16 days to get my results and i'm freaking out. will someone please give me some other options of what these bumps could be???? i can't walk without my labia hurting. it burns when i pee. i have a discharge. the bumps don't have white heads, they look like pimples. they said something about vaginitis or trichitis. please help.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
(female)

Radchick HB User
Re: Bumps down there- TERRIFIED

Hi nxicole, Im sorry to hear your so scared. Are the sores open? I had a similar thing happen a few mths ago. I thought I had a UTI, then I noticed a few bumps down there...that were open, which the Dr swabed. Long story short it ended up being type 1 genital herpes. My husband has oral herpes and gave it to me through oral sex. He hasnt had a cold sore on his mouth for over 10 yrs and still gave it to me! I hope your diagnosis isn't herpes, but if it is it's not the end of the world, there's lots of info out there and treatments. And if it's a bacterial infection it can be cleared up with an antibiotic....Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

nxicole HB User

they were just like pimples.. i may have rubbed off the heads. do you know if a yeast infection can make razor burn worse?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

nxicole HB User

update:

i went to the emergency room cause i was in a lot of pain. the doctor looked at it and i had a staph infection from shaving... not only that but i had a urinary tract infection.

praise who ever's up there for not dropping the h-bomb on me. take it as a word of advice. no sex is the best way to avoid this entirely.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
(male)

Twenty5male HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxicole View Post
i recently had a yeast infection that lead to a urinary tract infection. i took meds to clear both, but a yeast infection ended up returning. around the time the infection came back, i noticed bumps on my clitoris. there was one that made my clitoris super sensitive. i changed razors, and thought they were razor burns. i had a white discharge and freaked out and went to the health clinic. they examined me and took specimens to send off to the labs. They swabbed the bumps and put them under a microscope. the nurse said that it appeared to be a bacterial infection, but that they still wouldn't rule out herpes. i don't know what to do. i have to wait 16 days to get my results and i'm freaking out. will someone please give me some other options of what these bumps could be???? i can't walk without my labia hurting. it burns when i pee. i have a discharge. the bumps don't have white heads, they look like pimples. they said something about vaginitis or trichitis. please help.
I had similar side effects. Im a male and it burned like hell when i would pee, and i started getting something that looked like a pimple, then it was two, then 5, and all this happened within 1 week. they looked like old dried up pimples after a week, so i just went to go get checked yesterday, and they told me they were 85 percent sure it was genital herpes. i was devastated. it was horrifying news in the beginning because i never thought i would be the one to catch that. they gave me some antibiotics and calmed me down by explaining as much as they could to me. and the bottom line Nicole is that you have nothing to be scared of. There are treatments and if it is herpes, it is a lot more common than both you and I think. 1 out of 5 people has herpes and the thing is that they may not even know it. Sometimes symptoms dont show up until years later. If it ends up being that you do have this, then feel free to ask me anything you want. I just found out yesterday that i may have this and have started doing a lot of research on it. I dont feel as bad anymore

Closed Thread