It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

makeitmine HB User
Exclamation Tube-like "thing" sticking out of vagina. (PLEASE HELP ASAP)

About a week ago, my boyfriend and I both had sex with each other, for the first time. Neither of us had ever done it before, and it lasted a short time.
The next day, I noticed this strange thing sticking out of my vagina. It has never been there before, so it's scary seeing something like this. It's not any strange color, so it blends in pretty much. It looks very strange though. This may seem weird, but it looks like a snake tongue almost, minus the pointed tips. It looks like a little tube or something. And it's completely numb; no feeling in this "thing" whatsoever. And about 3 days ago, we made love again, this time it lasted longer & everything, but this thing is still there. Today it even looks like it is sticking out just a smidge more. Oh, and it sticks out maybe like 1MM.

And is it possible to get a yeast infection from sex? We did use a condom, and no it did not break. I know for a fact.

Please help. The sooner the better. It doesn't hurt, but it's just scary. I haven't told my mother. I'm afraid to tell her; I don't know if she'll be accepting of what happened and help me with this problem or not. I'm scared and nervous to tell my mom, or maybe I'm not ready to tell her. I've told just a couple of my girl friends whom I know are sexually active, hoping they know or could help. One tried looking up information, and the other told me if it doesn't bother me, I shouldn't worry. I just want to know what this is, and want it gone as quickly as possible.

If anyone can help, thank you so much. And if you can give me any advice on how to confront my mother, please. Because I really need it. She & I used to be very close, but my sister & her grew closer & I pulled myself away. So, you see how hard it is for me.

Thanks again, makeitmine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: Tube-like "thing" sticking out of vagina. (PLEASE HELP ASAP)

Can you be more clear...is this thing sticking out of the actual part of your vagina - like, where you have sex? Does it bother you when you have sex? Can your boyfriend see it?

I would relax, it sounds like a piece of skin or something.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Are you sure you mean 1mm? because that's really tiny, like the size of the tip of a pencil.

Anyway, it sounds to me like it might be a remnant of your hymen. It may eventually wear off but your best bet would be to go to get it snipped off by a doc (not a big deal).

Also, if you've been using tampons you don't have to tell your mom you've had intercourse because this could be from tampon use (it messing with the hymen).

Old 06-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
(female)

freelance HB User

I would suggest there may be an abnormality of some sort. You should see a gynecologist and have this checked out. It is probably nothing but you just never know. Even if it doesn't hurt there should be nothing hanging out of the vagina.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
(female)

makeitmine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Kelly View Post
Can you be more clear...is this thing sticking out of the actual part of your vagina - like, where you have sex? Does it bother you when you have sex? Can your boyfriend see it?

I would relax, it sounds like a piece of skin or something.

No, he can't see it. Ive told him about it, since it most likely involves his doing.
It didn't bother my when we had sex; I was nervous though if he did see it. & yes, it does stick out from there.
I have relaxed; it really doesnt bother me. I just really want it gone though. Thanks for your help

Last edited by makeitmine; 06-10-2010 at 08:18 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to makeitmine For This Useful Post:
brightstar01 (07-30-2012)
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
(female)

makeitmine HB User

maybe it's 1CM then? got it mixed up.
Thats what I wast thinking, because at the very tip of it when i first noticed it, it was white, like something had been torn off (do you get it?) hopefully it wears off. someone had told me i can make an appointment with a gynecologist and they'll keep it completely a secret from my insurance &parents. I really dont like the idea of hiding from my family, but i dont know how i could talk to them.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
(female)

makeitmine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelance View Post
I would suggest there may be an abnormality of some sort. You should see a gynecologist and have this checked out. It is probably nothing but you just never know. Even if it doesn't hurt there should be nothing hanging out of the vagina.
Just to be safe, I understand. I'll need to somehow get to one though.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

makeitmine,

You mentioned in your post that you used to be close with your mother but now because your sister is close, you are no longer close. Is there a reason that only one person can be close to your mother?

Sit down with you mother. If it is the fact that you are sexually active and are afraid to tell her, than simply tell her that something is growing out of your vagina and it is scaring you and would she please make a doctor's appointment for you. You can feel free to discuss the situation with the doctor and he/she will not discuss it with your mother. Your doctor will be able to take a peek and let you know what it is and correct the problem and you can stop stressing out.

Being a mother myself of a young teen, us mothers may not be happy with what we hear, however, we do help take care of the problem. That is our job--problem solvers.

I hope that I have help you.

Brenda

Last edited by shisslak; 06-11-2010 at 10:01 AM.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
(female)

makeitmine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
makeitmine,

You mentioned in your post that you used to be close with your mother but now because your sister is close, you are no longer close. Is there a reason that only one person can be close to your mother?

Sit down with you mother. If it is the fact that you are sexually active and are afraid to tell her, than simply tell her that something is growing out of your vagina and it is scaring you and would she please make a doctor's appointment for you. You can feel free to discuss the situation with the doctor and he/she will not discuss it with your mother. Your doctor will be able to take a peek and let you know what it is and correct the problem and you can stop stressing out.

Being a mother myself of a young teen, us mothers may not be happy with what we hear, however, we do help take care of the problem. That is our job--problem solvers.

I hope that I have help you.

Brenda
well, her & i are still close, but not as close as we used to. when i want to talk to her about something personal, i'll be too afraid or embarrassed. sometimes when i try to tell her something, she'll focus on something that was negative and wont exactly help or let me finish what i was trying to get to.
i hope that if and when i do tell her that she will be at least proud because i waited until i knew i was ready & i was safe and smart. and i am hoping whatever this is will just..fall out when my period starts and it should be soon. but thank you brenda, for your advice.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
(female)

Needslove HB User

I have the exact same thing! only difference is that I'm a virgin ...I do use tampons though.

Closed Thread