It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
(female)

equebox HB User
Tampon(need help huryy!!)

Okay,
So I sit down to Pee this afternoon and I start to pull my tampon out.
I pulled really hard, and i heard it rip, but it was too late, the tampon was already out. The end of the tampon was kinda ripped. I am not sure if a piece of tampon is still in me or not, or if just little tishes ripped off. What should I do. I cannot feel anything.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Tampon(need help huryy!!)

See your gyno....he/she can remove anything that's left.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

equebox HB User

But, I am only 16, and I'm scared that if I see the Gyne, He will tell my mom i am sexually active and stuff. Is there any thing i can do at home to help it?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Your gyno can't tell you're sexually active if you're using tampons- the hymen would be ripped anyway.

And besides- I think doctor/patient confidentiality would apply and he wouldn't be allowed to tell her anyway...although I doubt he would tell her even if he knew and could.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
(female)

stillbright HB User

Doctor-patient privilege can't be broken, it's against the law. He cannot report back to your parents about you being sexually active or not. If you are concerned there is something still left inside you, best get that checked out. Especially due to the bacteria that can harbor in tampons, hence why you are only supposed to leave them in for no longer than 8 hours. Also, don't take the chance of putting in another one until you get any left over pieces out; it will push anything up further and make it more difficult to reach.

Best of luck,
Bright

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
(female)

pfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB Userpfe HB User

This happens to me sometimes (not the hearing it rip part, but where the end seems a little torn after you pull it out.) I think it's more likely with some brands. If I ran to the gyno every time this happened, I'd be there constantly. It does worry me, though, so I'm thinking about using them only on heavy days. I don't remember this used to happen, so maybe they are changing how they make them in recent years or something.
Did you go to the doctor and what'd they say?

Closed Thread