It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

njaye75 HB User
Smile change in my period

A little over 3yrs ago after I had my son I had my tubes tied. Every since my cycle has lasted longer, my cramps are very painful, and my mood is very bad during that time. Nothing over the counter has helped. Before I had my son I found out my pituitary gland is about 3X the size it should be. My question is, has anyone had this type of change after having that surgery? And does it sound like my pituitary gland may have something to do with the change?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: change in my period

njaye

When was the last time you check in with an endocrinologist concerning your pituitary gland? (I think that is the type of doctor or it could be a neurologist) Maybe you should follow up on why the gland is so large and what factors if may be having on you health now.

Brenda

Last edited by shisslak; 06-11-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
(female)

njaye75 HB User
Angry Re: change in my period

My doctor dida MRI back n September. He said he didn't see any tumors and he checks once a year. They don't know what caused it but my hormones are off. We all have male and female hormones. What ever sex you are you have more of that type of hormone. I have more male.

Last edited by njaye75; 06-11-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Closed Thread