It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
Endometrial ablation, tubal ligation, and D&C question

Good evening,
I had a D&C, tubal ligation and endometrial ablation done on Wednesday morning. Everything went well I spent about 4 hours in the recovery room before being discharged. I was in some major pain when I was discharged. Doc prescribed 2 percocets every 4-6 hours. I was taking 1 every 2 hours to manage my pain. Thursday evening I started passing out and then waking up almost immediately extremely dizzy. I then began vomitting. Called into the Doc. He thought I was having a reaction to the percocets and sent me into the ER. Turns out I was extremely dehydrated. They hydrated me, gave me an anti-nausea med and sent me home after giving me some more pain meds. Today I am extremely tired and really really sore. I figure thats from the pressure of throwing up and dry heaving. I am taking the percocets 1 every 6 hours with ibprofen every 3 hours. Its managing my pain as long as I don't move much. How much longer can I expect this pain to go on? Also I have no bleeding, discharge or anything of that nature. When will that begin?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: Endometrial ablation, tubal ligation, and D&C question

I had just the ablation and it to me a month to total bounce back..... back to normal the next day only happen to a few women... Drs lie!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
(female)

skylady1990 HB User
Update

Am now roughly 6 weeks post surgery. I would recommend this procedure to others facing heavy periods, pre and post period pain. I never had any discharge, the pain faded after about a week and half. I did still have pain when i was getting a bowel movement for about 4 weeks. It took about 2-3 weeks to get my energy level back. I had sex at the 2 1/2 week mark and while my belly was still tender so long as it wasn't bumped, nudged or grabbed everything went great. Doc said I could take hot bathes at the 1 week mark and I was allowed to go swimming at the 2 1/2 week mark. Uhhmmm what else. 6 weeks and counting and still no period. Have had some pms but i just get a lil grouchy now instead of having to take to my bed in horrible pain. I did have a problem with the stitches. My body was supposed to absorb them but it ended up rejecting them instead. So I had to have them removed by the doctor.

Last edited by skylady1990; 07-17-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Closed Thread