It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
(female)

kristac HB User
Worried I may be pregnant! Please please help

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I am 21 years old, boyfriend is 26, we have been together for a year. We have always used condoms the whole time we have been together, but a month ago, I started taking the pill for the first time in my life. I started the pills in the middle of my cycle (2 weeks after my last period), my doctor said that by the time I reached my 7 day break of "sugar" pills I would get my period, and also she said to wait at least 7 days after taking the first pill to sex without a condom before the pills would be fully in my system and effective. Well, we waited 5 days after I took the first pill and had sex without using a condom, he didn't pull out. Well, on Thursday night (today is Sunday) I took my last pill before my 7 day break and expected to get my period in the morning. No period then, and still no period now. I'm so worried, do I even have a reason to? My boyfriend says I definatley don't, and that it's probably just because I started the pills and it's messing up my cycle. Is that true? Is it too early to take a pregnancy test? When should I take one? I thought I was supposed to get my period when I started taking the "sugar" pills? Please someone answer ughh I'm sooooo worried! Thank you so much!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Worried I may be pregnant! Please please help

Well it's definately possible. You had unprotected sex before the pill was fully in effect. It is of course possible that the pill has messed with your cycle. I know when I first started, I was midcycle, and it pushed it off almost a week and a half. So it's kind of a 50/50 toss up. If you were due for your period and have missed it, it is not to early for a pregnancy test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

kristac HB User
Possibly pregnant? please answer, please!

Okay thanks I will take a test

Last edited by kristac; 06-14-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: Possibly pregnant? please answer, please!

Why wouldn't you take the test and ease your mind? It's cheap. You don't have to tell your BF you took one.

Yes, it's possible you're pregnant but unlikely. The pill isn't 100% even when taken exactly as directed, but neither are condoms. Odds are more that this is just because your body is adjusting to the pill. I've even found if I'm around other women that my period will change it's timing to be on the same schedule as theirs, even when I was on the pill. I once had to adjust my pill schedule by a week because of that.

Closed Thread