It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User
Exclamation what else could this be?

Hi!!!! so I am 2 1/2 months late on my period.. in a week (if i dont start) ill be 3 months late! first assumption is pregnancy, right? well ive taken 4-5 hpt but all of them come back negative.
i dont have morning sickness, but i feel like i have pms, just 5 times worse, but never get a period.
everyday, i have mild cramps throughout my day.
tender breasts every few days, but not sore or inflated.
eating twice as much as i did before.
EASILY irritated, more so than if i were actually pmsing
irate cravings for chocolate.
thicker discharge
im always thirsty
and oh my gosh, headaches!!!!
i am so moody, i catch myself snapping at my boyfriend and i dont even know where it comes from! ALSO... i have noticed a small, but obvious pooch (to me its obvious, specially when i look at myself naked) between my pelvic area and my belly button (which is the exact location of the mild cramps i mentioned above, this is also where its harder compared to other areas on my stomach).
i've been having very "real like" dreams.. and i am always, always ALWAYS tired.
my face has been breaking out more than ever.
note: the only things that are constant are the tiredness, mild cramping, moodiness/irritable, hungrier than normal. my intuition and my gut, tell me that i am pregnant.. my boyfriend says that his gut is telling him that im pregnant. he is even going as far as acting like we are, even though we have gotten a negative hpt. he talks about looking forward to new things and how life is going to be so much different with a baby, etc.

i have heard so many stories about pregnant woman, continuously getting negative hpt results. i cant see my doctor until July 22nd but im wondering, what else it could be?? i have done much research and other than the false negative tests, the only thing i came across was that cysts can have similar symptoms.

Last edited by familyguy ROCKS; 06-16-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User
Re: what else could this be?

no input from anyone??

Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I think you're pregnant. The signs are there. How's your sense of smell? Has it gotten better? The thick discharge, mood changes, eating habit changes...all signs of pregnancy. The cravings...sign of pregnancy. Any foods you used to eat that you can't even stand the smell of, right now?

Guys, for some reason, often know when their partner is pregnant even before their partner knows. I've seen this happen personally, where the guy told his GF she was pregnant and she had no idea. So the fact your BF thinks so too- you probably are. I don't know if they sense the hormone change or what, but they often know.

I'd go see a doctor and get them to test you, or even ultrasound you. It's important to find out, because if you are preg you might need to make some dietary changes and start taking prenatal vitamins.

And if you're NOT pregnant, then there may be something going on that needs treatment. But just based on what you wrote- yeah, I think you're pregnant.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
I think you're pregnant. The signs are there. How's your sense of smell? Has it gotten better? The thick discharge, mood changes, eating habit changes...all signs of pregnancy. The cravings...sign of pregnancy. Any foods you used to eat that you can't even stand the smell of, right now?

Guys, for some reason, often know when their partner is pregnant even before their partner knows. I've seen this happen personally, where the guy told his GF she was pregnant and she had no idea. So the fact your BF thinks so too- you probably are. I don't know if they sense the hormone change or what, but they often know.

I'd go see a doctor and get them to test you, or even ultrasound you. It's important to find out, because if you are preg you might need to make some dietary changes and start taking prenatal vitamins.

And if you're NOT pregnant, then there may be something going on that needs treatment. But just based on what you wrote- yeah, I think you're pregnant.
thank you so much for you opinion. i have changed my eating habits already... even with the negative hpt, i didnt want to risk it.. and considering that i cant see my doctor for another month. i use to drink and i would smoke when i drank but i havent done those things in a few weeks (when i started to actually believe/consider i was pregnant). i told my boyfriend if i had an alcoholic drink right now, my gut is telling me i'm a horrible person.. which i have never felt like that before either.

as far as my smell, i feel like im noticing things i havent before. i was in the elevator at work and i smelled this guys cologne (which i usually dont smell someones cologne unless i am at least a foot close to them, which he was across the elevator 3-4 feet away) and while i was in the elevator i had to breathe into my hands [in a cup form] because i felt like it would make me sick of i kept breathing it in. although i havent smelt any foods that have totally disgusted me.

sometimes i dont even feel pregnant though (like right now), my boyfriend said that the symptoms arent going to be constant every day. hes been having these dreams; both within the past week, and in one he dreamt that i was actually pregnant and in the other he dreamt about fish; which resembles pregnancy. he has also noticed that i am a lot warmer (isnt raised temp a sign also?).. not to be too graphic; he said that the heat i gave off down there a few nights ago felt like i was "on fire" .. which isnt normal. although...as im typing right now, im feeling these cramps again. they feel like period cramps.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

Well you don't sound freaked out about the idea...I take it you and your boyfriend didn't plan this but aren't against having a child, either?

It's too bad your doc can't squeeze you in for another month. Maybe go to one of those walk-in clinics for a test?

The cramps are probably normal but getting checked out might be a good idea.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
Well you don't sound freaked out about the idea...I take it you and your boyfriend didn't plan this but aren't against having a child, either?

It's too bad your doc can't squeeze you in for another month. Maybe go to one of those walk-in clinics for a test?

The cramps are probably normal but getting checked out might be a good idea.
we didnt plan this, no. at first i was a little freaked out, but i've realized that we are in a stable relationship and i'm certain hes the man i will spend the rest of my life with. so, we are okay with having a baby.

i called planned parent hood to see how much blood tests were because if its not showing up with urine then obviously i would need to do a blood test, and that was $70.

i know lately i have be really stressed out. i moved into a new apartment with this girl that i was real close with, and now we are fighting all the time so ive been pretty stressed out. so i thought maybe i missed my periods from stress, but then i have the other symptoms right along with no period so then i thought maybe pregnant. IF im not pregnant, i should start my period in 5 days. i also have 2 more hpt (First Response) at home, im just deciding when i should try to take another one.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, back in the day you were supposed to take the HPT first thing in the morning because the hormones built up in your urine overnight and were at higher levels then...maybe you could try that? I know with the current HPT's they say it doesn't matter, but since you are testing neg maybe that would help.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User

i took another HPT this morning, and its still negative. I made an appointment with my regular health doctor to take a blood test with him, which is set for tomorrow. probably still have to wait until Monday to get the results. maybe if im not pregnant this will make my period finally come (it usually starts between the 20th-25th of each month) !!!
I am really confused about it all because i feel like i could be pregnant, but when i think about a test, i feel like its going to come out negative. so maybe i'm really not and this is something serious that is wrong with me.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
(female)

familyguy ROCKS HB User

i went to my regular doc on friday to get a blood test, got the results back today and they are negative! ive decided i should probably get back on birth control, to help regulate my cycle (i was on it for YEARS but discontinued use). this is the week i would normally start so im going to start the new pack this coming sunday.. im still going to my OB in July, i think i could possibly have a cyst on my ovary (similar symptoms as pregnancy), im hoping she can do an ultrasound.

Closed Thread