It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

forumuser HB User
Exclamation Dont know if I'm pregnant or paranoid.

ok, I was on the pill for a month, then switched to the implant, but before I switched to the implant I had sex with my boyfriend but I was still taking the pill. We didnt use any other protection (Which I know was stupid off me). I panicked and took the morning after pill, two days later. Ive been on the implant for about two and a half months during which I havnt stopped bleeding until recently (which is normal). But before they give you the implant they make you take a pregnancy test , however this was only two weeks and five days after we had sex and Im worrried that it wouldnt of showen up if I was pregnant because you have to wait at least two to three weeks. Now my stomach is swollen, and I feel tired quite a bit and keep needing to go to the toilet. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or am I just paranoid. Im to nervous to take another test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: Dont know if Im pregant or paranoid.

You're not pregnant.

You said that you were still on the pill when you had sex with your boyfriend. You then took the morning after pill. You also took a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks after you had sex. I got a positive test 11 days after having sex. The pregnancy hormone will definitely show up by 2 weeks.

I hope this rests your mind! You have nothing to worry about!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
(female)

jessluvsflowers HB User
Re: Dont know if Im pregant or paranoid.

I also agree that since you took the morning after pill your fine. It could be nerves and your body panicking thinking it may be pregnant because in your mind you were so afraid of getting preggos.

HOWEVER! I myself just found out i am pregnant. I take the pill ritualisticly and he wore a condom, that did not break. I never thought it would happen because HELLO! i was as safe as could possibly be next to abstinence. And now we are expecting in feb.

Now, how i found out, was i took three knock up test and it came back negative three times...this was 20 days after the sex. Symptoms didn't go away, so went to the doc. their pg test stick came back neg. but i made them do a blood test, and that showed positive.

And the crazy part is, that we had sex without me being on bc tons of times with no spermacide and no babies. This time. ...ocella birth control, and him condom no spermacide. i'm 25 i know how to use both just fine, no flaws in condom, or my taking the pill. Just a freak of nature incident.

so always be extra safe no matter what your on...the pill, mirena don't care what it is. use a condom every time with spermacide if you do not wish to have a baby at that time in your life. i already have 3 so i am ok with this baby coming into our lives.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
(female)

02122009 HB User
Re: Dont know if I'm pregnant or paranoid.

morning pills and birth control pills are never 100% certain, the sperm can still get to the egg and implant in the uterus. but if i were you i would just take another test..

Closed Thread