It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
(female)

court0322 HB User
ovarian cyst

In the past four months I have had two cysts on my ovaries burst, the first one requiring surgery due to internal bleeding. I went to the doctor for similar symptons from the first cyst, which I didn't know I had until it burst. The doctor told me I had two more cyst on my other ovary. A little over a week later I was back in the emergency room with severe pain again. They told me I had a cyst burst however it wasn't the two they found a week earlier. I concerns me because both cyst were undetected in ultrasound. I still have a lot of back pain and sharp cramping. Should I be concerned? I have an IUD and on the pill. I'm at a lose because I don't know what to do. Everytime I try to talk to the doctor to get some answers they blow me off or give me the run around.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

KellyCz HB User
Re: ovarian cyst

Hi there,
I don't have much advice, just was wondering how they found your cysts if they were undetected on ultrasound? I was curious because I have been having a heavy cycle of non-stop (basically, it might stop for a few hrs. here and there ) bleeding for a month, and severe pelvic pain that has, at times, required prescription pain medication. My PCP ran the ultrasound because of the bleeding, and my history of cysts. There have been a lot of clots in the blood. I wanted to reply because it sounds as though we have a similar situation going on. All of my other cysts have been visible on ultrasound.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
(female)

court0322 HB User
Re: ovarian cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCz View Post
Hi there,
I don't have much advice, just was wondering how they found your cysts if they were undetected on ultrasound? I was curious because I have been having a heavy cycle of non-stop (basically, it might stop for a few hrs. here and there ) bleeding for a month, and severe pelvic pain that has, at times, required prescription pain medication. My PCP ran the ultrasound because of the bleeding, and my history of cysts. There have been a lot of clots in the blood. I wanted to reply because it sounds as though we have a similar situation going on. All of my other cysts have been visible on ultrasound.
The first cyst was found after it burst by cat scan. The second one that burst was found after it burst too however it was discovered after by sonogram. It wasn't discovered by internal ultrasound. I'm going for a second opinion on the 15th. We'll see what we find out.

Closed Thread