It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

itchyformonths HB User
chronic vaginal itch for months no discharge

I have had a chronic itch for 6 months I have tried everything and NOTHING!!!! has cured it i still itch everyday it took over my life its so so so bad!!!!! I have been to the doctor 8 times no cure!!!!i tested for everything NEGITIVE stdS NEGITIVE yeast NEGITIVE diabeties NEGITIVE hiv NEGITIVE all bloodwork NEGItive I have no smell or dischage just a itch !!!! the only think that helps it i dont wear jeans!!!!! just skirts or dresses that helped about 60% it seems to let may vagina air out but i still get flares all the time there hasnt been but maybe 1 or 2 days a months i dont itch other then that everyday I have seen 3 differant doctors even went to the ER today for this burning itchy irritation I AM LOOSING MY MIND I test negitive for yeast all the time the doctors seem to be clueless creams dont help I have ordered Boric acid as my last resort other then that I have tried all creams tea tree oils vinager yougurt garlic on and on >>>>please anybody help!!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: chronic vaginal itch for months no discharge

itchy: What about your laundry soap? Have you changed brands? That could be an irritant down there. Any kinds of changes in soaps can irritate you. Have you tried getting some probiotics?

Are you sexually active? If so, and you're using condoms, you could be allergic to them or if you're not using them you could be allergic to the sperm. Allergy testing should be done to make sure you're not allergic to anything.

Do you use tampons? They could be a problem, too. You just might be overly sensitive to alot of things. The jeans could be an issue if they're too tight.

Do you take baths or showers? If you're taking alot of baths then the water will get up there and cause excess bacterial growth. It doesn't get rinsed well. The other thing is swimming pools, chlorine or even bacteria in beach waters. Keep looking for answers. Get more opinions from other doctors too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

Hello I changed all my laudry soap fabric softner shampoo soap even bought all new panites already took a allergy panel and not allergic to anything ...not even latex changed tampons and I stoped wearing jeans and i still itch I am a super clean person i shower everymorning and as soon as i get home from work Ialready seen 3 differant doctors and 2 nurse p all have no glue evenwent to the ER still NOTHING i have read many women have this problem and no cure!!! the doctors cant figure this Unknown chronic itch it just goes away after months and months>>>> I am so so so sick and sad from this....Thanks for you help

Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
(female)

misty073 HB Usermisty073 HB User

I have been dealing with vaginal itch for over 5 years now with no answers. I have seen drs, gyno drs, and a dermatologist and no one has been able to help me. I just had an appointment with a new gyno and he used a vinegar like wash on the area and it turned white...he said this indicated I needed to have the area biopsied. I go back this monday for a follow up appointment and to see when the biopsy will be. I was kind of shocked so I didnt ask any questions, but I will on monday. If I find out some answers I will post here as to what he says.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

hope all goes well for you.....do you have this itch everyday ????wow i cant even think of 5 years of this.. how did it start do you ever have days your ok?? please let me know what happens at the doctors

Old 06-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
(female)

It started when I was pregnant with my son, I had gestational diabetes so I figured it was a yeast infection for sure. But it came back neg. It has been an on and off thing for 5 years, I might itch in the morning than be ok for a bit then maybe again at night...it comes and goes during the day and for some reason it has been less for the last 8 months since I moved to a different city (drier climate)

I will let you know how it goes...I am thinking my dr is going to biopsy it for something called VIN (Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia)

Old 06-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

hi...wow Iam the same more on then off sometimes its so bad at night sometimes at work is the wost....then some days its so bad its burns and itches then other days i can somewhat handle it...I am so fed up with this I saw some women deal with it for years other get well on there own i dont think there is medical cure for us sorry but if you went to so many doctors and i did too....we would have been cured by know BUT I hope that maybe... just maybe ...you will have a CURE from your doctor and you can share it with me ITs funny you said you have been better since you moved..I moved to houston tx from OHIO about a year but i dont know if this is the cause i didnt have problems the first six months >>>>I wish you all the best >>>take care and good luck>>>>>

Old 07-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

hello did you go to the doctor??? i saw a new doctor that gave me clobetasol proionate cream also some steriods pills you take for 7 days the gyno said i have a skin condtion and I have to try this for two weeks then i will have a biopsy to see why i have this itch i fell someone a liitle tiny bit better

Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
(female)

I did go to the dr, but the receptionist forgot to book me in...even though I had a card with my time on it filled out by her so I didnt really get alot of time to ask questions...But I am going in for Laprascopy (sp?) on July 13 and they will do a biopsy at the same time. My gyno also thinks I have endometriosis and I having a mirena IUD put in.

Did the dr say what the skin condition was? did they do the vinegar wash?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

no she has to do a biobsy but clearly it not yeast or a std it is a skin condition and thats why it not really able to be cured i think ...but hopefuly this cream will help but if not i have a appt the 19th so i will see then but this dr seemed to know it was a skin cond right from the start ....since i have no smell no discharge and no positive cultures i just hope to god i find a answer

Old 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

no vinager wash she just said i will have a biobsy done the figure out why iam itching have u ever used steriod pills or creams

Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
(female)

I have used so many creams over the last 5 years that I dont even remember what I have used anymore

You should look up VIN (Vulval intraepithelial neoplasia) and bring this up to your dr so it can at least be ruled out.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

do you know if they were steriods they seem to help>..... well at least a little bit i have to use them 2 weeks staight

Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
(female)

itchyformonths HB User

hello how wAS YOUR BIOBSY DID IT HURT? did u get a answer yet? are you still itching? my biobsy is tommorow

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
(female)

My biopsy went ok (so far, I dont have the results yet...I get them on the 29th) I had 4 done 3mm deep, I am still recovering from them, I was put under as I was having the other surgery so I didnt feel them at all and I am surprised there has been no pain or stinging at all even when I pee. I did rip one of my stitches so its taking longer to heal but all seems well so far...I am still very itchy though...probably partly from healing.

Closed Thread