It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

mammajen HB User
Unhappy Cervical Stenosis or chemical pregnancy??

Ok I am very very confused by a doc appt I had yesterday. Last month my period was a week late, when it came it was very heavy for me and I had some clots and it lasted almost a week. I also had a lot of cramping in my back and down my legs. Normally my period is very light and only lasts a couple of days with no cramping. I do have pain when I ovulate and have for years. It is a pinchy like pain. I know its when I ovulate because I always have egg white mucous when I ovulate. This month my period came when it normally would have if I had no been late and was very normal in flow and length of time.

Yesterday I went in for my annual pap smear and told the doc about the strange period I had last month. He did my the pap and then did an ultrasound. He showed me a "collection of fluid" in my uterus and immediatly diagnosed me with cervical stenosis. Now what gets me is that he did not do anything else to make this diagnosis other than the ultrasound. He told me that I need to have a d & c that is now scheduled for tomorrow.

Now this may sound strange to you but in my heart I feel like I had an anembryonic pregnancy. I have never had any of the things that I have read that can cause cervical stenosis, I have a regular period every month that is very normal for me and I have never been late unless I have been pregnant. I also do not have any of the symptoms of cervical stenosis. I dont have pelvic pain, I dont have any of the symptoms associated with cervical stenosis.

Can you please tell me your oppinion??

Last edited by mammajen; 06-25-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
(female)

mammajen HB User
Re: Cervical Stenosis or chemical pregnancy??

wow 36 views and not one reply?? Does any one out there have any feed back at all?? Bump for help.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
(female)

Queencolleen HB User
Re: Cervical Stenosis or chemical pregnancy??

Hey mammajen-how did your D&C go? If you really had cervical stenosis they would have been able to figure it out from that, I would imagine. I have been tentatively diagnosed with cervical stenosis myself, pending a D&C and endometrial biopsy, but my gyno said my cervix was hard as a rock and she couldn't get the probe through at all. I was having severe pelvic pain and abnormal bleeding, but I know that it doesn't always cause these symptoms in every woman. Hope you are doing well and they figured out what is going on!!

Closed Thread