It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

Justagadabout HB User
mammogram injuries

I have had implants (due undeveloped breasts). I am older and have been having mammograms for many years. Recently I had my test and the pressure was causing severe pain, and I kept telling the Tech she was really hurting me over and over. She just kept saying "we will be done soon". On the next to last image or last image, I told her the pain was horrible. I then heard my breast pop. I told her something in my breast just popped. She replied that a muscle probably moved. Well no it was not a muscle, she used such force she ruptured my implant. Now I am facing surgery to this. So don't believe this test will not cause injury. This surgery wil be complicated, since both breats will have to be done so as to be reasonably alike. If you are wondering who is paying for this, the provider is taking care of all expenses. I on the other hand will be putting up with the pain.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

vannasmoma HB User
Re: mammogram injuries

How did you get the Provider to pay for the replacement surgery? My technician was mad at the receptionist for booking me in a natural breast time slot. She rapidly compressed the breast and ruptured the implant. That was in September of 2009. I have finally received my second denial letter stating "Kaiser" does not think it medically nessasary to replace the damaged implant. All they will do is remove the damaged implant and speak with the technician so this does not happen to anyone else. I am left disfigured because the tech was having a bad day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

Justagadabout HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannasmoma View Post
How did you get the Provider to pay for the replacement surgery? My technician was mad at the receptionist for booking me in a natural breast time slot. She rapidly compressed the breast and ruptured the implant. That was in September of 2009. I have finally received my second denial letter stating "Kaiser" does not think it medically nessasary to replace the damaged implant. All they will do is remove the damaged implant and speak with the technician so this does not happen to anyone else. I am left disfigured because the tech was having a bad day.
I am sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner. I am truly sorry about your situation. I know how I feel just seeing the disfigured breast. I don't know where you had you test done so I can't comment on that. However, I do know Providers do not normally pay for removal and new implant. I went to a well know Woman's Hospital for my test, and immediately told the tech something popped in my breast. She said it was probably a muscle. Well after two weeks I complained to the head of the department about it because the pain had not subsided and I noticed a disfiguring of my breast. During the test I continually kept telling the tech she was really causing a great deal of pain and told me it would be over soon. On the next to last image my breast popped. The tech documenting the complaints on my record, as should be done. So when I contacted the head of the dept. I was brought back and the left breast was placed gently on the mammogram and an image was taken, then I was immediately given an ultrasound to confirm. The hospital called in their plastic surgeon. To make a longer story short, I did not have to fight or argue for this. The hospital is going to have my implants removed and re-implant both breasts, to make them similar. They will take all this as a write off. I have had my preop testing done and will undergo surgery on the 14th. I am not being charged nor is my Provider being involved in any way. Again I am truly sorry about your outcome. Perhaps you can work something out with the facility that did the mammogram. I know it's to late for you, but I always tell my friends, go to a reputable hospital for your testing.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
(female)

candylady2 HB User

Hi, i to have inplants, that i want to have remove.. cause 1, i think they were damage when i had a mammogram, cause i had got to the dr that did them, & he to me that i had no muesle there, its my right one & it dropped , & i don't like it, i hate seeing myself in the mirror, try to wear big tops so it won't be noticed. 2, i'm 60, nolonger want them , & can't tell if i have Breast cancer, cause it runs in the family.

Closed Thread