It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

Robert499 HB User
Pregnancy test confusion

Hi, I'l just get straight down to explaining my situation.

Basically; Today my girlfriend used the Predictor 'EARLY PREGNANCY TEST' and the result came back in rather a confusing fashion. The test stated clearly 'Even if the line is feint, you are pregnant.'

She took the test and there was a line in the pregnancy field (I can't stress how feint it was, it had to be held under a light and be at an angle to see). We didn't believe this results as even though the test said feint ment pregnant, we thought it was too feint (it wasn't even a complete line, it became extremely thin towards the end). My girlfriend also suspected that she held it in the urine stream for too long.

We bought another test; 'Clearblue Digital' which simply shows 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant' this test clearly stated she wasn't pregnant.

This was very confusing for us. We both currently think she is not pregnant, however I do have doubts.

My theory is, if she left it in the urine stream too long, the test may have absorbed more urine than necessary, letting it detect the smaller amounts of hGC i believe is always in urine. (Not sure on this, I'm no expert I just assumed this may be the case)

Really appriciate any help or advice you can offer, and thank you very much for reading

Additional notes:
-She had drank nothing inbetween the two tests and they were roughly an hour apart. They were both performed in the evening

-She is currently using a contraceptive implant, which makes here periods irregular

-She estimated it was 7 weeks since her last period.

Last edited by Robert499; 06-26-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User
Re: Pregnancy test confusion

Was the faint line colored with reagent, or more like grey or uncolored? It could very well have been an evap line, which is always just there. I've taken at least a dozen home pregnancy tests and could see the evap line on every one of them, especially when turning the test to the side or holding it to the light.

The digital tests are fairly accurate in the results they give, the pregnant/not pregnant makes it very clear what the test is reading, so there is no confusion. If you guys still have doubts, test again with early morning urine in a day or 2 with an early response pregnancy test, and a definite confirmation can be made via blood serum levels too. I hope this helps, good luck to you.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
(female)

Robert499 HB User

Thank you for the response, I really do appreciate it.

I read about evaporation lines, and i guess my honest answer is I don't know the answer.

The line now, I would say is grey (8 hours later), however its feint, so it's difficult to tell. At the time after the test was taken. I don't remember, I was really just concerned about seeing the line, no matter how feint.

My cause for concern about this theory is that the test -should- take 5 minutes to answer, and this line (still extremely feint, I really cannot stress how feint it was) appeared promptly, about 2 minutes after she left the bathroom. I'm no expert, in-fact I'm guessing but I would of thought evaporation lines must appear later than this because evaporation takes time.

I guess I really should stop theorizing, relax and we'll take another test next week. Just I don't want to lose too much sleep over the issue.

Again, thanks for your response.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #4
(female)

pregocece HB User

The best advice for you is to have her take a good pregn. test at the first pee in the morning-this shows that best & the levels are high to show on a test. If still confused, go to the doc or keep taking test. Hope i helped-good luck

Closed Thread