It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

emtard HB User
Question i'm 17 and my body is whack!

i've been trying to figure out what's wrong with me, because whatever it is isn't normal.

i am 14 days late for my period. was supposed to start on the 15th of june according to what it said online. my last period was may 6th. i took one pregnancy test on the 14th, another one on the 19th and a 2 more a few days after that.

i have also been into the doctor, but she claims it's because of my birth control. uh, i haven't even been on birth control since october and my periods were FINE up until now. they took blood and the only thing they said was wrong is that i have low potassium.

i keep feeling like i'll start it any day, but it never shows up. i'm not stressed about it, i'd just like to know what's going on. i figured if i don't start it by july 6th, i'll go to see a different doctor.

what could be wrong here? pcos runs in my family, and i've mentioned it but she doesn't think i have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: i'm 17 and my body is whack!

emtard: In some cases it's not unusual to miss a few periods at your age. Stress and over exercising can cause them to stop. Are you skinny? Your body needs fat in order to menstruate. That's why alot of girls get sugar cravings and hungry before it starts. If that doesn't apply to you then get to a different doctor and see if they'll do an ultrasound on you to see if there's anything else going on in there. Are you in any pain? If you are, that could be a sign of endometriosis.

Why did you go off the pill? You might end up going back on it to help get it regulated again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread