It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

stressedout23 HB User
Anemia and very long cycle.

Hi Ladies,

I was recently released from the hospital after a 12 hour stay following a heart palpatation episode. I had to have some electrical shock to get it back under control, and has been under control, for the most part since then.

I'm 26 by the way. So yeah, this isn't a good look.

The reason this happened has a lot to do with my cycle, which has been on for over a month now. I spotted for about a week, then moderate, now clotting 2 or 3 times a day. So I'm anemic at this point.

I am going to try to get to a doc tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has ever had this before and what they did to get it taken care of.

It happened to me once 3 years ago, following a stressful breakup but went away on its own and has been normal ever since. I am also following a very stressful few months so i figure this is the source of the issue. Regardless of what may be causing it, I'm just wondering if there are some short term solutions that can hold me over for at least a couple of days, until my appointment is set in stone this week.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
(female)

stressedout23 HB User
Re: Anemia and very long cycle.

i went to the doc, and he prescribed birth control and progesterone.

My cycle stopped a day later.

My blood work came back and confirmed the anemia but I also had high prolactin level. Though the results didn't say they are abnormal, It was clear that they were outside the normal range, where the high normal range was 30. Mine was 38.5. So I have to have another blood test in two weeks.

Anyone find this to be very unusual? And could it be related to the anemia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread