It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

sugargirl1989 HB User
Unhappy passed something pink & fleshy — scared; what was it?

about two months ago, i lost my birth control and stopped taking it as a result.

a few weeks later, my partner's family commented that i looked pregnant. around this time i went back on birth control. i started to feel extremely ill and could not get enough rest, sleeping for up to 12 hours at a time. my sense of smell became more sensitive and i became easily nauseated.

i assumed that because i went back on the birth control around the same time i should have been starting to get my period, my body was fighting to both menstruate and not menstruate. as the symptoms continued, followed by cravings, i took a pregnancy test. it was negative.

a few days ago, i began to get my period as scheduled. however, it was not normal. instead of spotting, what came out of me was thick and dark brown. later that day, i started to have seriously intense cramps. if i have cramps, they are usually light and i feel them in my lower back. these cramps were heavy, excruciating and in my belly.

because my cramps were so bad, i changed from a tampon to a pad. my tampon was pretty full, which was also weird for the first day of my cycle. i don't usually bleed regularly until about the 2nd or 3rd day. about half an hour after the cramps stopped, i went to check my pad. at first it looked like i had bled a lot, but then i realized there was a slightly large, about 1.5" – 3" long, pink-ish... thing sitting on my pad. my partner described it as "a pink prune." horrified, i didn't look at it for long. the bleeding continued for the next couple of hours and then tapered off. since then i have expelled only very dark brown blood and not very much of it. usually, i bleed "regularly" for 1 – 2 days during my period, before bleeding very little blood (sometimes dark) the last day or so.

i assumed because i had so many symptoms of pregnancy, that i had miscarried. however, looking online, i am finding very few accounts that match mine. none of them provide an answer.

what did i pass? did i miscarry? what should i do?

Last edited by sugargirl1989; 09-05-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
(female)

I Jones HB User
Re: passed something pink & fleshy — scared; what was it?

I haven't seen an early stage miscarriage product myself, but logically it sounds like an intact miscarriage. Could be that shape if the sack didn't rupture. May have been a recognisable embryo inside, had you dissected it.

Anyway you need to get checked to ensure everything came away that was meant to, in order to avoid excessive bleeding and infection.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
(female)

sugargirl1989 HB User

thanks ijones. i'll be contacting a gyno or midwife tuesday to set up an appointment. none of the accounts of miscarriage matched what i encountered, so i'm wary to believe, but i don't put anything past the human body!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
(female)

S777J HB User

Had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago, pink prune and all but, I don't have insurance... Was it a miscarriage? And should I go to a doc?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
(female)

twnkltoz HB User

I think you should go to the gynecologist. I had a miscarriage years ago and while I can't quite remember all the details, I did have heavy bleeding, lots of cramps, I felt sick, and there were clots. The gyn checked me out because sometimes bits get left behind that can cause infection, and he might have given me meds, too.

I sympathize with the no insurance thing--do you qualify for the free clinic in your area? Planned Parenthood or someone like that should be able to help.

Last edited by twnkltoz; 09-03-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Closed Thread