It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

KAmommy HB User
Still Bleeding a week after colposcopy/biopsy

I had a pap done a little over a year ago, came back abnormal..Doc refered me to get a colposcopy. I scheduled and appt with the ob/gyn but he didnt give me one he said to just get the gardasil shot..ok..So a few months later i became pregnant with my second child. Made a Doc appt with a different ob/gyn, He did a pap like with any patient..came back abnormal again. So he decided to do a colposcopy even though i was pregnant..He took a biopsy, I never really got an answer but he told me that he wanted to repeat the pap after i had my child. So at my 6 week check up he redid the pap..came back abnormal as well, so he decided to do another colposcopy.. this was just 1 week ago. He took 5 biopsies..I am still bleeding bright red, Im not soaking a pad an hour but more like a panty liner every 2 hours, and every time i pee the toilet is red.

The nurse called me on thursday to tell me that i need to have a LEEP done but first they need to re biopsy the endocerival area again(i think) confirm result or something. When she called i asked about the bleeding..she said it should totally stop by Monday(today, a week after biopsy) If not to call the doc..Im still bleeding..should i call her? I dont want to keep calling and overreacting..Please help!!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

gee301072 HB User
Re: Still Bleeding a week after colposcopy/biopsy

Hello there, I do understand that you are anxious and worried about the bleeding. It sounds like you have been in and out of the docs with smears, colposcopys, etc..If I was you make sure you speak to a medical nurse or GP if you are not happy with the amount of bleeding you are experiencing, as they will hopefully put your mind at ease but please dont feel silly contacting them as thats their job as medical people to help you with your symptons. If the bleeding your encountering is not heavy and you are not changing you pad every hour you may just have spot bleeding from all the cervical tissues they have touched from the biopsy. Please keep an eye on it and call your GP if you are not feeling ok about whats going on. The information I am about to give is from my own personal experience of a leep excision 3 weeks ago and each individual will encounter different symptons after treatment hopefully not as major as mine. After the Leep treatment I went home and after a couple hours I started bleeding, I already had a pad and timed how long in between I was having to change pads... It was every hour and the bleeding got worse. By the morning I was constantly bleeding and clotting lumps 2, 3 at a time which scared me as they were as big as an apple. I knew something wasnt ok and my partner rushed me in. I was admitted into hospital and stayed there for 4 days. I had drips on me for fluids that I had lost throught the bleeding and transamexic acid to stop bleeding. Eventually it had slowed down after a further 2 colposcopys and a small op. I lost alot of blood and became very anaemic and they wanted to give me a blood top up but I refused and decided to go home and recover slowly in the comfort of my own surroundings. To be honest I feel very angry with the whole medical system here in the UK. It just feels that there is no one to talk to after the colposcopy has been dealt with. No after care numbers to call, no information on the risks of having the treatment, just NO info at all....Thank God I found this site which has comforted me and made me realise Im not alone...There are so many other women who unfortunately have suffered after the leep treatment and I just find it so upsetting and unfair as they too didnt know who to turn to for advise. I am slowly getting back to norm but i have my up days and down days, Ive been doing a limited amount of things and rested alot (thank fully I am not working) Its been 3 weeks since I had the leep, so I thought today Id go and do my food shopping and return home nothing too strenuous. Well it seems like you cant even lift a shopping bag as I have started bleeding again and just praying to god that it will calm down if I do nothing again. I dont even know how long this will go on for? This has been the worst experience Ive had to deal with and I just want other women to be made aware of the downfalls of this procedure so they can recognise them if god forbid it happens to any of you. Hope everything goes well for you and your treatment is 100% successful. xxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread