It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

ecy HB User
Too Embarrassed to See Doctor

For a few months now i have been dealing with discharge and an odor that is really starting to bother me. I feel really uncomfortable going to see a doctor because i have gone to the same doctor for years, and have never been really sexually active so i have never gone to see her for a case like this. i feel like i need to go see her, but am way too embarrassed to go. i feel like maybe its just a yeast infection, which i can fix at the drugstore myself but if its worse i wont want to go see her. can i have some advice on what to do? or has anyone been in this situation before?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

brosso HB User
Re: Too Embarrassed to See Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecy View Post
For a few months now i have been dealing with discharge and an odor that is really starting to bother me. I feel really uncomfortable going to see a doctor because i have gone to the same doctor for years, and have never been really sexually active so i have never gone to see her for a case like this. i feel like i need to go see her, but am way too embarrassed to go. i feel like maybe its just a yeast infection, which i can fix at the drugstore myself but if its worse i wont want to go see her. can i have some advice on what to do? or has anyone been in this situation before?
Is the discharge cottage-cheese like, or milky in consistency? Sour/fishy smell, or yeasty smell? It could be a yeast infection, or more likely BV. If this is the first vaginal infection you've ever had, I'd recommend seeing a doctor and not trying any home remedies or OTC medications. This way, the doctor can explain everything to you and you'll know how to recognize it the next time and can possibly treat it yourself. Doctors deal with things far worse than minor infections and there really is no reason to be embarrassed. If it makes you more comfortable, try to find a female gynecologist to see, as they tend to be a little gentler with exams, or have a parent/sibling/friend go with you. Also, you don't have to be sexually active to get a yeast infection or BV, and the doctors are not going to judge you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread