It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2002, 06:59 AM   #1

Lori A HB User
sex the day before pap test??

Does having sexual intercourse the day before a pap test effect the results?? Or will my doctor be able to tell. My temp spiked today to 98.3 and we have taken a break the last couple of days.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:10 AM   #2

CLee HB User
Re: sex the day before pap test??

Are you trying to have a baby??? Maybe if you are, you could re-schedule your pap, even if it means waiting?? I read an artical recently that talked about how TERRIBLE many labs are,(due to over-worked techs, NO OFFENSE to anyone, it was the artical!!) and it mentioned that having intercourse even a few days before your pap test could effect the results. (hide a problem mostly) I don't know the facts FOR SURE, But I'd call the Dr, they should be able to tell you. Good Luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

It can effect the results in some cases either by masking an unknown problem or even throwing it off and causing a scare. Though not always does it effect it.
I am one of those that doesnt risk it either way and so I dont have sex two days prior to a pap.
Your best bet like it has been said is to talk to you doctor.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:20 PM   #4

Purrbaby HB User

I know from past experience not to have sex before a pap. I made that mistake and they tried to treat me for a yeast infection I didn't have. I asked the doc if sperm could throw the nurse off and he said yes. They checked 2 days later not a trace of yeast infection. I have no idea why that happened. I have never had a yeast infection(I eat a lot of yogurt!) but from what I have been told they are bad. When I didn't have symptoms I questioned my doc and that is why they took another look. I would be wary of having sex before a pap.

------------------
Smile, life doesn't last that long.

Old 03-03-2002, 07:41 PM   #5

Lori A HB User

Thanks for all your replies. I will take all your advice and refrain from making love until Monday night.lol

Closed Thread