It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2002, 04:37 PM   #1

clarissap HB User
endometriocis making life H**L

I am thirty years old and I have three children (last two were twins) I had an endometrian ablasion (buring of the uterian wall) 3 1/2 years ago to stop the heavy bleeding. I have not had a period since. BUT, I am experiencing TERRIBLE pain at least once a month, the pain is from dull aching cramps in the lower stomach and back to sharp knife like pain. Has anyone else else been through this and if so how do you handle the pain and mood swings?

Old 12-22-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Re: endometriocis making life H**L

Hi there are you sure your not me? lol. Just kidding. I had my ablasion in 97 due to heavy 4 month bleeding after a miscarriage. I had no period for 4 years BUT i did have alot of pain and mood swings. The pain was so bad I was put on percocet for a week once a month. The end of last year I started to spot a few times a month. I went to my obgyn and he told me that I was one of the lucky ones that went that long without a cycle and he also told me that eventually my cycles would return as full periods and I would even be able to have children again but he adviced against it because of my age 41 then and my past bleeding history put me at high risk for emergancy hyst after birth or possibly death.
Well the pains got worse and the spotting was about 2 or 3 times a month it seems I was always in pain. So back I went to my obgyn and asked him how do I get rid of the pain? And he answered remove the uterus. I was kinda stunned but I do have 3 beautiful daughters 21 18 and 12 and I did have a tubal ligation after my micarriage. So in May this year I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (ovaires in) and I feel great no pain at all. I know thats drastic for anyone but anyone thats had bouts of uncontrolable bleeding and almost bled to death the thought of my periods returning scared me to death. And having an ablasion every 2 to 4 years wasnt my cup of tea either and the pain well we have all experienced the pain. So thats my story as drastic as it seems I am glad I am pain free now at least in that area. My TMJD is a diff story. Take care of yourself.

------------------
Cheers...Autumn
Female...42
TMJD for 12 years
Carpal Tunnel syndrome
Anxiety/Panic Attacks (cured now I think)
Alot of past Medical Problems so if I can help in other areas of health...I will.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread