It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2002, 06:46 AM   #1
Inactive

jasmine30 HB User
Periods and blood clots..

Hello,
Ive been passing larger sized blood clots when on my period.Im having problems with light bleeding inbetween cycles again and noticed it happens more frequently.Isnt blood clots the lining of the Uterus sloughing off?

Old 12-17-2002, 10:07 AM   #2

rozar HB User
Re: Periods and blood clots..

You may want to check with your ob/gyn. It sounds like you may have a fibroid(s). I'm not trying to scare you but it sounds like the same systoms I had and I was diagnosed with fibroids.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2002, 06:32 AM   #3

sweetpea104 HB User

I suffered from heavy bleeding and HUGE clotting for several years. It seemed to get worse after the birth of my child. For the past 5 years it was so bad I was incapacitated for 2 days of my period having to stay really close to home due to flooding and "accidents" every time I stood up. I went to 2 different OB/GYNs, had a D&C and all of the other usual tests, etc. to find no fibroids, polyps or anything to cause it. Finally I heard about ENDOMETRIAL THERMAL ABLATION. I talked with my dr. and she did not perform the procedure, but recommended that I was a good candidate. What it does is "burn" the lining of the uterous. The result is a "normal" period or no period at all. You may want to look into it. There is a great discussion forum on it. Search for Endometrial Ablation Discussion forum in Yahoo or your search engine. I don't remember the exact link. Hope this helps.

P.S. I had ThermaChoice ablation 10/25/02 and am now at the beginning of my 2nd post op period. So far only spotting. It has been GREAT!

Old 12-20-2002, 08:29 AM   #4
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User

Yes it is. Before I had my ablasion I was passing clots the size of softballs. They tried the pill and everything to stop the bleeding. They never found a cause for mine it wasnt fibroids or anything I had a biopsy for uterine cancer and it was Neg. Sometimes the body does weird stuff I would check with your obgyn though just to be safe and to get some relief.

------------------
Cheers
Autumn

Old 12-21-2002, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

wow, that would have been nice to have 10 years ago!

my mother had a partial hysterectomy because of heavy and constant periods, she even had a D&C and menstruated within 3 weeks after the D&C, the doctor didn't believe her!

Closed Thread