It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2001, 11:56 PM   #1

babybox315 HB User
Diet Fuel? Metabolife etc?

I didnt realize diet fuel had ephedrine in it unitl after i bought it.. im a runner and trying to put off a few pounds before the season starts. Is this stuff going to kill me? im getting sort of scared now, and im not quite 18 does that make a huge difference? What could happen?
By the way... i know i'm kinda double posting this, since someone just asked about metabolife, but i think im kinda coming from a different angle. I just want to know if it will give me a heart attack while im running or if it could be doing damage without me even knowing it!<p>[This message has been edited by babybox315 (edited 08-07-2001).]

Old 08-23-2001, 06:17 PM   #2

Merrilee HB User
Re: Diet Fuel? Metabolife etc?

you really should go see your doctor. everyone is different. i take 2 xenadrine before any workout, and feel great. but some people's body just freak out on ephedra. GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2001, 05:33 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Any of the products with ephedrine are not safe to use. The can cause many serious health related problems and yes they have caused quite a few deaths. I can't begin to understand why this product is still on the market let only why anyone would risk there health and life by taking it. I know my life certainly isn't worth the risk to use a product with ephedrine in it.

Old 09-02-2001, 11:32 PM   #4

spartan_momof3 HB User

ephedra is getting looked at very hard now- it has been a part of the human diet FOR CENTURIES- found not only in ma huang but many many plants- part of some teas and more effective as a stimulant than caffeine- but only recently has it made a boom as a diet aid- which is why all of a sudden there are stories of people having major problems- people are downing it like it's going to turn them into playboy models overnight.

try something milder first- then try something with ephedra and really observe what it does- if you experience no side effects- then low doses probably aren't going to hurt you.

Closed Thread