It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2001, 09:28 PM   #1

Kala HB User
tea tree oil to PREVENT vaginal infections??

sometimes i put a couple drops of tea tree oil in my bath, ive heard that tea tree oil is good for yeast infections etc.., but i was wondering if it could actually create a vaginal problem for me by messing with the vaginas ph balance if i didnt have a yeast infection?? but could this actually be a preventative measure and not harmful for my vagina, because occasionally i do get yeast infections, and after you've gotten one infection you never know whether you have one or not , because it always seems like there is a weird smell down there.

Old 02-08-2001, 09:35 PM   #2

Kala HB User
Re: tea tree oil to PREVENT vaginal infections??

me again, another question sometimes i pour j&j baby products, like the foam bath or bedtime bath with chamomile and lavender, they are ph balanced but could these contribute to a yeast infection
Also does just washing the vagina with a damp cloth twice a day prevent yeast infections, im not sure if i have one or not, its not itchy but i just dont like the odor of my vagina, it smells kind of fishy but not over powering just not nice, it doesnt seem like i have an infection though, i have alot of discharge but i think this might be normal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2001, 11:36 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User

FYI <A HREF="http://www.anu.edu.au/Forestry/wood/nwfp/teatree/teatree.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.anu.edu.au/Forestry/wood/nwfp/teatree/teatree.html</A>

Old 02-09-2001, 05:07 AM   #4

Just_me HB User

Hi, Anything put in your bath water can upset your vaginal PH and can cause bad odours down there. Most doctors recommend that you don't use strong soaps or bubble bath as they can cause your natural vaginal flore to unbalance.
Try cutting out ALL soaps and wash with plain water, from the shower head, thats all you need to keep your vagina clean and healthy.....you don't need any soap at all, just daily washing.

Old 02-11-2001, 12:36 PM   #5

jmgaitan HB User

I constantly have yeast infections. I have always used Diflucan as it seems to knock out the infection right away, but you are only supposed to take it a couple times per year as it is hard on your liver. So, time for the natural remedy. My last infection was indeed cured by tea tree oil. It is a wonderful natural remedy. It still took as long as a creme, but it did go away finally. It has many uses besides your bath water! It can be added to your shampoo, body lotions, shower gels, conditioners, face soaps, etc. It truely has many, many uses and there are books on it.

For those of you complaining about a fishy odor, you may or may not have an infection. I know as a teenager, I always had a smell too, and I hated it but nothing was wrong. As I got older, the smell went away. When the smell did come back, it was truely an infection - the common one being garnarella for which an antibiotic must be prescribed. Don't go crazy necessarily over a discharge. As long as the discharge itself has no fishy odor and remains the normal color, they usually say it is normal.

Good luck and say Yeah to tea tree oil!!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
(female)

zoe1282 HB User

Hi just wanted maybe help you with the problem you are facing. I went to a Nurse practioner who told me I had BV which is what caused the fishy odor and discharge. she gave me and antibiotic and it cleared up. she also adviced me about proper hygiene and told me to either use a sensitive soap or not to even use soap down there just plain water, because soap has alcohol and perfumes and dyes and this will alter your PH. I would advice you to go to gyne or nurse practioner and rule out BV, because you will need antibiotics to treat it. hope this helps you

Closed Thread