It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2002, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

smallvillenut HB User
Abortion

Hey, thanks to the few of you who responded to my last question about still being a virgin or not! Well, now I'm wrestling with the possibility that I could be pregnant. I know that I do not want an abortion if I am. I made that choice way before I even had sex that if I ever had an accident and got pregnant I would keep the baby. I happen to be pro-life. But, I was reading something online today about the herb Gotu Kola, which happens to be an herb that is used to aid in blood circulation, overall general health, and longevity. NOt sure how many of you are familiar with it, but I've been taking it for about a week now, and what I read said that it has been know for "spontaneos abortion" Does anyone know about this? If there was a chance that I could be pregnant, have I just killed my baby? I know there must be some doctors or medical experts out there, and if you are pro-choice, your encouragement is welcome, but I would prefer facts. Just so you know... if I did conceive, it was only 3 days ago, and there would have been no way for me to of even known I was pregnant for another 12 days. I have a consistant 26 day cycle, not 28 (another thing to take into consideration......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Absinthe HB User
Re: Abortion

Well, at 3 days it's way too soon to know if you have conceived. Implantation doesn't occur until about 7-10 days after fertilization.

Gotu Kola appears to work on the blood in various ways, so it could induce bleeding. If you stop taking it immediately, it will most likely be out of your system before implantation.

It is extremely dangerous to use herbs to induce abortion because an effective dose is very near a toxic dose. Don't try it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread