It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2002, 03:32 PM   #1

Juniper18 HB User
Gynocologist

Hi, I'm so afraid! Next monday I have to make my first visit to the gynocologist. I'm going because I haven't gotten my period since before summer time!!! But even when I did have it before summer, I have always been very irregular, and don't get it every month, it could be 2-3 months in betweeen! The only thing is, this summer, I had sex! But i didn't go all the way, as in, he didn't shoot his gross sperm into me...and it never came near me, so I really don't think im pregnant! So I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what they thing, cause this whole not getting my period thing at age 17 just scares the crap out of me!

Old 11-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Re: Gynocologist

I'd say keep your appointment with the gynocologist and get educated and started on some sort of birth control once or if pregnancy is outruled. Chances are you aren't pregnant, but why even take a chance and worry yourself sick again if you have sex or almost have sex?

I know it's a scary feeling your having; but the fact is, you should really be protected and prepared if your taking chances thinking you won't get pregnant. Just because a guy doesn't ejaculate inside means nothing. There are plenty of sperm that seeps out in the phase leading up to it during intercourse. Don't mean to frighten you, but that's the truth.

Although abstinance is the safest birth control, there are plenty of options to choose from. Maybe you only have a hormone imbalance and that's why your period isn't coming..most likely will be easily remedied by the birth control pill.

Good luck and try not to worry. Doctors don't judge you and a good one will help set your mind at ease.

<p>[This message has been edited by Dianek (edited 11-25-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #3

Juniper18 HB User

So, your telling me I could be pregnant?!!!! Will the gyno tell me? Or my moM!?! I'm breaking down, I thought I couldnt get pregnant if he didnt ejaculate in me...oh my god

Old 11-25-2002, 06:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

A guy doesnt have to ejaculate in you to get you pregnant. Pre-*** contains sperm and leak from an erect penis from the time of erection until right before ejaculation. You can get pregnant from it.
Just like you can get stds without having sex.
As long as sperm comes in contact with the vuvla(outside are of the vagina) there is a risk of pregnancy.
Tell your gyno what occrred when you had this encounter with the guy and get a pregnancy test done.
Also unless you tell the doctor it is ok your mother wont know what is going on until you tell her. Unless of course she is going to be in the room with you while you are getting your exam and talking to the doctor. A doctor can not tell others what goes on between you because it is illegal. Granted if you give him/her permission to tell your mother or someone else you approve then they can discuss it.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:12 PM   #5

Juniper18 HB User

Ok, i understand that sperm is contained, or could be contained in pre *** but what are the odds of me getting pregnant? I will tell my gynecologist everything I did. Should I take a pregnancy test before hand? This is killing me!

Old 11-25-2002, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User

Juniper, are you having any signs of pregnancy? By that I mean, like tender; larger breasts; things smelling awful or nauseausness, is your belly starting to swell? If you haven't had a period since before summer, what month are you talking about? Like May or June? That is really a long time to go without a period although not unheard of. Also, some women sail through pregnancy with nary a symptom so everyone is different. I only know that I was sicker than a dog both times.

Does your mom know all the details or is she just taking you because she thinks your hormones are screwed up? Is there anyway you could buy a pregnancy test at a drugstore in the meantime?

Either way, I'd suggest your mom wait in the waiting room while your examined. In fact, I think most doctors prefer it that way unless the patient requests a parent with them. If your 17 and having sex, your old enough to see the gyno privately. I haven't been in the examing room with my teenage boys since they were 12! So that's very natural to want to see the doc privately.

I truly hope that you aren't pregnant, I really do.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:21 PM   #7

Juniper18 HB User

No, no, i don't have any signs! I keep staring at my breasts to see if they're bigger, but the more I stare the more i just don't know!! hehe... My stomach is the same as always I even hit myself in the gut to make sure nothing is there. I can't believe this, I didn't go all the way!!! I didn't tell my mom, and will see the doc in private. What should I tell him? I had sex...but..yeah thats what i'll tell him, the truth obviously. So many people have sex all the time and never get pregnant...i dont even go all the way and im so scared, i dont get it!! but honestly, i have no symptoms... i didnt get my period since like...may. and i didnt even have intercourse with my boyfriend till like september.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User

So September is when you were with your boyfriend so if you are pregnant, you wouldn't be too far along.

Your best bet is to run to the drugstore and get a test. I'm hoping that you just aren't ovulating and that's why you aren't getting a period which means that hopefully, even if some sperm did get in there, there was no egg available, although you could have ovulated at anytime.

I really don't know what else to advise except that if this is a false alarm, don't be caught unprepared the next time.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

Old 11-25-2002, 07:33 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User

One more thing, don't be afraid to tell your doctor everything...believe me, they've heard it all! Having sex at 17 is not unheard of and I'm sure he's had much younger patients. That's why it's so important to educate yourself now on reproduction so you are aware of how your body works and also the mans and can use steps to protect yourself from pregnancy and STD's.

Old 11-25-2002, 07:50 PM   #10

AllyMcBeal HB User

Juniper, everything Diane has told you is right on. You need to become familiar with everything about your anatomy and how it works as well as that of a man. Do not be afraid of the Dr., he will help you and get you started on birth control so that pregnancy is not an issue. Also be aware of STDs. You need to protect yourself against them too. Condoms work well for that but are not 100%. As for getting pregnant without penetration it can and does happen. I have a friend that became pregnant just by having semen deposited near her vaginal area. Take a home pregnancy test and stop punching yourself in the abdomen, you could do serious damage to your internal organs. I know you're scared, but you must keep your wits about you and act accordingly. Ally

Old 11-25-2002, 08:51 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Actually you can start seeing any doctor(even a gyno) at age 13 or 14 without a parent being in the room with you. You dont have to be 17 to see the doctor by yourself..the reason I say that is if other younger teens are reading this they can know and understand there isnt a set age.
My dearest friend had to start seeing a gyno when whe was 13,the first time she had her mom in with her but after that she didnt.

Old 11-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #12

Juniper18 HB User

I'm trying to get through this, I just don't have the money or the time to sneak off and get a pregnancy test now. I know there really should be no excuses but, I'm just going to go to the doctor, and if he wants to give me a pregnancy test he can. He'll need to. Can they? Or can he just tell by look in there anyway?!! Wouldn't I be getting symptoms? Or feeling sick in the morning??? I'm not ... Godddddd this is so frustrating cause this is the only place I can talk about this problem of mine =(

Old 11-26-2002, 02:46 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Not all girls/women have signs of being pregnant.
My dearest friend didnt know she was pregnant with her first because she had no signs whatsoever. She went three months without knowing. The only reason she found out is she was getting ready for a surgery adn they did a pregnancy test before hand just to make sure. Low and behold she was three months along. She at the time had gone without her period for 6 months thanks to Endo. She was going to have to surgery to clean out her tubes and such so maybe her periods would return. So even if you dont have regular periods you can get pregnant.

Also yes the doctor can have a pregnancy test done if you ask. You can either do a blood or urine test whichever you prefer. Though I will say Iprefer a blood because with it there is no doubting it.

Closed Thread