It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
Inactive

caligurl7 HB User
need help w/ friend

Since going out of state for college a few months ago, I have made many new friends. Ive really gotten close with this one girl, and we are always together( almost like we were attached at the hip). We go home for winter break next week and its really hard on me. My friend is really attached to her life back home still, and it really makes me sad when she makes plans with her best friends at home for thr next few weeks. (Whic is dumb bc Ive also made plans with my high school friends.) Its like weve become so close, that I want her all to myself. I dont know how Ill be able to say goodbye for 4 weeks. What Can I do?

Old 12-09-2002, 12:24 AM   #2
Inactive

Melamom HB User
Re: need help w/ friend

Depending on how far away you both are could you plan a short visit during those 4 weeks off from school. How about using a chat program with video/voice capabilities? Talk to her about these options and see what you can come up with. I am sure though that once you get back home you will both be very busy and the time will pass rather quickly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2002, 06:38 AM   #3

Rebekkah HB User
Re: need help w/ friend

It's always hard to leave our friends from school, camp, retreats or whatever. You just need to make plans to keep in touch during the break and see what happens. It's difficult to listen to someone's plans when you know they don't include you and you want to be with them. Just try to focus on yourself and what you can do to distract yourself while you're waiting for the holidays to start.

You can maybe find an opportunity to tell your friend in a light way that you're going to miss her and isn't it funny that you're even feeling a bit jealous of the plans she's made...

Good luck,

P.

Closed Thread