It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2002, 09:39 AM   #1

monicaro73 HB User
has this happen to anyone?

Last week I had some pain on my outer labia. Turns out that I had a blister kinda growth. It was dark in color and very painful to the touch. It was very smooth feeling. I went to the doctor this week and she said that it looked like an infected folicle. Just to put warm compresses on it. She said that even though she didn't think it was herpes she wanted to go ahead and do a culture on it. Since she busted it it seems to be going away, but is also bleeding. I'm very nervous. Some has to do with the fact that I'm pregnant and worried about the baby. If she didn't think it was herpes...why do the culture on it??? Besides when your pregnant don't they test you for the herpes virus though blood? Please help very distressed....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2002, 10:28 AM   #2
Inactive

Snowqueen HB User
Re: has this happen to anyone?

She did a culture on it to find out what type of germ caused it so that if you need antibiotic ointment to clear it up she could prescribe that. Many of infected spots aka acne, boils and furnuncles are caused by the staph bacteria which is contagious so that is why she cultured it. Unless it is herpes I doubt there is any concern for the baby. As to why they didn't test when you became pregnant..........not all clinics do STD testing standard unless you ask to be tested for STD's. If the doc hasn't called to tell you what the culture showed then call the clinic to ask. In the meantime use good handwashing when you have your hands near the area and since there is drainage be sure to try to contain it so you don't spread the bacteria.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread