It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2002, 03:40 AM   #1

TES1962 HB User
dry peeling skin around genital area

Last weekend I thought I had a yeast infection because of white discharge around and in folds of genital area. As I wiped, I noticed it was scaley dry skin which over the past week has peeled away like I had a sunburn (no sun has ever seen this area!) The area is now very dry. Some areas are red and raw. And to top it off, I have now raw burning/itching in and around my vagina. no odor and no discharge to speak of. Can anyone help me and tell me what I might have. I have a gyno appt next week. TIA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2002, 01:22 PM   #2

~Little Flower~ HB User
Re: dry peeling skin around genital area

I've done this before. It would burn and itch like crazy but it was too sore to scratch. Also, the sunburn like peeling was very aggrivating. Sometimes birth control pills can cause this. Also, the spermacide and lubricant on condoms can make you extrememly dry also. You have to consider all options. Could it be the detergent that you use, fabric softener, soap, birth control, heat? Sometimes the dyes in colored panties can cause this. I started wearing white undies, I use no fabric softener on them, and I don't wear tight clothing in the heat. I also use Vagasil Intimate Mosturizer down there. It helps a lot to make a few changes. Try making a few changes in the way that you launder your undies and in the color selection. White and natural colored are the most gentle on your skin. But, also keep your appt with you gyn. It could be an underlying infection. Good luck and hope I would help...

------------------
~Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.~

*~*Cheyenne*~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread