It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2002, 11:43 PM   #1
Veteran

Anonymity HB User
Need Suggestions For Yeast Infection Relief- Please HELP!!

Does anyone have suggestions for relieving the pain, burning, and itching associated with a yeast infection? Is there a cream that works particularly well or a soak that I should put in the bathtub??

I am currently taking an antibiotic for acne, and Wednesday morning I woke up with the yeast infection from hell.
I called the doctor, and was prescribed a Diflucan pill, which I took Wednesday afternoon. I was not any better this afternoon, so I called the pharmacist, who recommended that I take my second Diflucan pill. I'm not better yet, but I have to make it through the weekend before I can see the doctor. That's why I need suggestions-- quickly! This is the worse infection I've ever had!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: Need Suggestions For Yeast Infection Relief- Please HELP!!

Hey honey, I have to say that possibly your yeast infection has been caused by taking the antibiotics for acne. Antibiotics kill off the friendly bacteria in your gut as well as bad ones and since everything goes via your gut it is affected. You need to start eating some live yogurt or taking some Acidophilus caps to rebalance this bacteria that the antibiotics has killed off. Keep them in the fridge and take them on an empty stomach, but at different times to the antibiotics. This might help resolve the yeast infection.

Tea Tree can be very useful. Put some Tea Tree oil in the bath and this can help stop the itching. It is a natural antiseptic.

I have to say that there are generally more natural ways of dealing with acne rather than taking antibiotics. It is not good to take them all the time as they lower your immunity and can leave you open to more infections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2002, 11:37 AM   #3

AllyMcBeal HB User

Monistat always works very well for me. It's over the counter and should get you through the weekend. The antibiotics are what is causing this. Whenever I have to take antibiotics my gyno told me to use Monistat to prevent the yeast. Ally

Old 12-02-2002, 01:31 AM   #4

hayleyg HB User

you poor thing! Believe it or not try applying plain yogurt to your vaginal area - inside and out. It's messy and not at all pleasant, but you'll help to immediately restore the bacteria levels that the antibiotics have contributed to destroying. Make sure you don't use a flavoured yogurt like Peach etc. Just use the best plain, organic yogurt you can find. I'm not a hippy or anything, I've just been through this from antibotics myself - and after a nasty allergic reaction to monistat. Good Luck. You should also try taking acidopholous (sp?) Ask your doc.

Old 12-02-2002, 12:33 PM   #5

bonbon83 HB User

Try using 1 cup of water with 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide. Always works for me. And its cheap.

Old 12-02-2002, 01:50 PM   #6

Rebekkah HB User

Too bad the Diflucan is taking so long to work. As I'm allergic to Monostat, I use Canestin cream and I find it works wonders.

Could you be allergic to Diflucan? Some people allergic to Monostat will be allergic to Diflucan as well.

Eat yogurt several times a day, this should help.

Also... perhaps it's not a yeast infection?

Good luck.

P.

Closed Thread