It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2002, 10:16 PM   #1

equivocated HB User
Just a GREAT note... :)

I just received my copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weshler in the mail, and i MUST say, thank you to EVERYONE who recommended this book. It's SO helpful and informative; even though, i'm only about a 3rd of the way through.

Every woman ALIVE, young and old should read this. Whether they want natural birth control, want to achieve a pregnancy, or just want to understnad their bodies better, it's such a good read.

I'm handing it over to my sister next who has NEVER had a regular period in her life! (her doctors have her on the pill, because she won't get her period every month if she doesn't! i want to tell her about this right away, though... because she's never "known" if she's been ovulating all these years or NOT, but i guess that's another topic)

Thanks again! And, everyone pick up this book if you have a chance!

Old 12-19-2002, 10:47 PM   #2
Inactive

1Dove HB User
Re: Just a GREAT note... :)

That sounds like a good book. I'll have to look for it.

I have a comment about your sister. No woman should take the pill to make her periods regular without finding out the exact cause of her problem. Taking the pill could be masking a real problem without treating the true cause. My doctor tried to put me on the pill because I didn't have periods, and it worked at restarting my periods, but I only took the pill for a short time. Thank goodness because my real problem was a pituitary tumor. And taking the pill would have made it seem like I was having normal periods when in fact I wasn't. I hope her doctor tested all her hormones, and gave her a thorough evaluation before placing her on the pill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2002, 06:01 PM   #3

equivocated HB User
Re: Just a GREAT note... :)

ah... well, i hope so too. I don't really know too much about it, specifically. She likes to keep all of the information to herself. It was my mom who told her to go off of the pill, and then she ended up not getting her period at all, for several months. Later on, when she ended up going back, the doctor put her right back on the pill. that's everything that i know about it.

So, i might give it a go, (show her the book), even if she does get upset. it's worth a try for her health.

thanks.

Closed Thread