It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2001, 06:09 AM   #1

dt6680 HB User
Sensitive cervix?

I went yesterday for the second time in two months to try to have a pap smear done. Both times, when my cervix is just touched with a Q-tip, it starts bleeding heavily. So heavy that it could not be done either time. They did a culture, which was negavtive, so there is no infection causing it. If this keeps like it is, I'll never be able to have another pap smear done. I don't think that is exactly good for you. I have also had bleeding during/after sex. The only thing the doctor said it could be was that I had a sensitive cervix. Has anyone ever had these problems, or does anyone have a clue as to what this could be?
It is really worrying me. Thank you! Oh, and I'm 20 years old & in good health.

Old 02-06-2001, 08:13 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Re: Sensitive cervix?

Was the pap attempted by your regular MD or a GYN? If it was your family MD I would consider consulting a GYN just to be on the safe side. If it was a GYN that examined you I would consider getting a second opinion. Just what did the doc mean by a sensitive cervix and just what did they feel you should do about it in regards to your annual pap test etc. Seems to me like there are an awful lot of unanswered questions yet. You need to get some definite answers about some of these questions. Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2001, 04:21 PM   #3

alazay HB User

Hey..my friend has the same symptoms as you have. She has a sensitive cervix, and she sometimes will bleed after sex. Sometimes she will bleed very bad. During pap smears, she has a lot of pain. The doctor told her, that she couldn't find anything wrong, so she continued to perform test. Finally she did a biopsy of her cervix, and she had pre-cancerous lesions on her cervix. She had them removed, and now a year later, they are back, she is about to get them removed again. The doctor told her if she keeps getting them, she will not be able to have children. She is also 20. Please do not let the doctor tell you that your cervix is just sensitive, because that is not normal. I hope that you will have test done, to find out what it is. Just in case it is something like my friend has. Good luck to you, and I hope that you are okay.

Old 02-10-2001, 08:53 PM   #4

Devnic HB User

I have a sensitive cervix also. Every Pap I have is really painful and I also bleed. I have only had one Pap come back questionable, but this was only because of the blood on the test slide. I had a Cyrosurgery a few years ago, where they freeze the cervix with a type of gas...Forgot the name. This procedure is supposed to help the cervix shed the irritable cells and heal tougher. It also hurts pretty bad, not to mention literally thawing out for a week or more.(Like a huge block of ice is stuck up there and melting) My cervix was still sensitive afterwards, so it didn't help me much. I have had two children and my cervix didn't effect that at all, it's just the bleeding that was the problem. I also have endometriosis and I think it might have to do with that, but have never been told that before. I think if you have any type of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, or Endometriosis it makes the cervix more sensitive.
As far as being "bad" for you, Unless you have cancer cells or some other underlying reason for the bleeding, I think it's just a pain to bleed during/after sex and difficult to have Pap tests. :-(
Again, you might ask your Dr. about Cryosurgery... it does help some women.
Good Luck.

Old 02-19-2001, 08:36 PM   #5
Inactive

Karla HB User

I recently had a hysterectomy due to endometriosis. Prior to that whenever I would have a pap test done I would always bleed. My dr. said I was just sensitive also and that my test results came back ok so there was nothing to worry about. He did mention that my cervix area was a bit thicker than he thought it should be and that maybe I might be more apt in the future between the thicker cervix and bleeding to get cancer. So we agreed to keep an eye on it.

Old 02-21-2001, 10:20 AM   #6
Inactive

Nice-T HB User

Thanks alazay. That is so true you have given very helpful information. You shouldn't take things like your cervix hurting lightly, you should get a biopsy done dt6680.

Old 03-12-2001, 05:49 PM   #7

p_lessa HB User

I also have a "sensitive" cervix. I bleed after a pap smear and sometimes after sex. My doctor just said my cervix was friable or irritated. She also said that it can be from hormones. Go to the doctor and check it out and remember to have regular pap smears. As long as those are normal then don't worry.

Good Luck!

Patricia

Closed Thread