It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2002, 02:23 PM   #1

lfantell HB User
Symptoms of what?

For some time now I have been pretending that there is nothing wrong with me, when in reality I know I need to see a doctor.
For quite some time now, I have been feeling sick to my stomach (hard to explain, but not the same feeling as with the flu), occasionally sharp stomach pains on either side of my belly button, sometimes cramps which feel like period cramps, bloating, more gas than usual,waking up at night with a gnawing feeling in my lower stomach, often times feeling like I still have to go to the bathroom (bowels) more tired than usual, feeling cold all the time,sometimes dizzy and a general weakness. I am on birth control pills and my last two periods have been very light. Even did a pregnancy test which came out negative.

I was going to wait until after the holidays to go see a doctor, but my boyfriend is asking me to make an appointment soon. Anyone have a clue as to what could be going on with me?

Old 12-15-2002, 04:47 PM   #2
Inactive

ashpie HB User
Re: Symptoms of what?

hi, my mom has been having the same symptoms for about 3 months..she has bloating extreme gas esp. at night, pelvic pain and pressure, dizziness, and stomach pain after she eats..she also has a pain in her lower left side ..she has had a pelvic ultrasound and colonoscopy and they were both normal..she is now going to get a MRI for her own piece of mind because she feels soo lousy..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2002, 04:49 PM   #3
Inactive

ashpie HB User

forgot to mention she also has extreme tiredness, gnawing and gurgling stomach and either constipation or the runs..I have had in the past similar symptoms and was diagnosed w/ irritable bowel syndrome..

Old 12-16-2002, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Yes, yes, yes, lower abdominal pains can be anything from an intestinal blockage (serious!) to irritable bowel syndrome (a manageable condition) to colon cancer.

Go To A DOCTOR.

I almost SMACKED my mom when she said she'd had pains like that for almost a year and didn't do anything about it.

Old 12-17-2002, 11:32 AM   #5

lfantell HB User

I did see a doctor yesterday. No conclusions yet. I am being tested for everything from anemia to parasites to blood in my stool to celiac sprue etc, etc. I can't take anything to help me feel better because we don't know what it is. She told me tylenol and gingerale and eat a normal diet. Also told me to take a mulitvitamin. Sometimes the waiting is the hardest part.

Closed Thread