It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2002, 07:57 PM   #1

Hears The Water HB User
period stoped and started again

Hi, this is my first time here. I found y'all from doing a google search. I had a strange thing happen to me and I am scared. I have always had irregaular periods. So not having one for several months is usualy not something to upset me. I have had regular periods most of the summer and then they stopped again. Then this month I decided to quit eating sugar since I feel that I have a yeast (candida) imablance. So ten days after I quit sugar I started my period. It went realy slowly for the first three days hardly any color. Then It turned bright red but flowed normaly. Not heavy and only a few small clots. Then on Thanksgiving and the day after, I binged on sugar. The next day my period slowed down and then on the day after it quit. Now I have had two days of very little showing only light color. In the mean time I quit sugar again. Now on day 4 of no sugar, I just went to the bath room and there is bright red blood again. My peroid started again. There was also a clot that would have been about the size of a regular marble. (Not all that strange for me when i have skipped a month or two) I am freaked out!!!!! I am wondering if this is normal, or something to be scared of. Has this happend to any of you? Two other things that may be of help I am very overweight (a long time ago my Dr. said this is why I sometimes do not have a period) and last night I masterbated and had an orgasam. There is no way I could be pregnant either. I appreciate any advice y'all can give me. I am realy freaked out. I have had a cold the last couple of days and so I am a bit cranky!!!! and easily freaked right now.
God Bless You and yours
Hears The Water

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 04:17 AM   #2
Inactive

Jerseygirl HB User
Re: period stoped and started again

The closest I came to stopping and starting was my period went on very very lightly for 24 hours, then stopped totally for 24 hours,then started again... there was nothing wrong. Having a cold could mess you up, especially if it's really bad. Masturbating wouldn't have any effect on your period. And as far as I KNOW, sugar shouldn't be having any effect one way or the other. I would just wait until your next period and see if it happens again, if not it was just a fluke, something that happens and you'll never know why it did. if it DOES happen again, I'd make a quickie appt. with your gynocologist. I'd say it's nothing to be concerned about, but I'm no doctor.

Old 12-04-2002, 07:38 AM   #3
Unregistered

Re: period stoped and started again

The fact that you said that you are overweight and that eating sugar has affected your periods could possibly mean that you have PCOS. This is Polysyctic Ovarian Syndrome and can give you period irregularities such as you complain of and changes with the ingestion of sugar. Sometimes this can be caused by your body not being sensitive to insulin, so eating the sugar may very well explain the changes and the fact that it sounds as if you get cravings too.

You need to try and lose weight if you can, but I would go and see your doc/GYN and get this checked out. You will probably need to have blood tests and a scan of your belly to confirm this if you have it. Sometimes Metformin is a drug of choice and this can help your body to utilise the insulin.

Closed Thread