It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2002, 02:45 PM   #1

JCTTeach HB User
Anyone get chest pains week before period?

For the past 3 years I have been suffering from chest pains/tingling in left arm. After various trips to the doctor and ER(with no resolution)..I decided to track my chest pains just like a hurricane. I have come to a conclusion that all my ailments (chest pain, dizziness, palpitations, rapid heart rate, depression, anxiety, breathlessness, and fatigue) all occur one week before my period. It is AWFUL! Am I alone? I have seen 3 cardiologists-tests come back perfect. My doc refered me to an Endo. had 13 tests run (don't know which ones) and they supposedly all came back fine. I could have sworn all my problems were thyroid or hormone related.
Please help! Symptoms gto worse on the pill (ortho tricyclen) HAD TO GET OFF THEM ASAP!

Old 01-03-2002, 12:49 PM   #2

Carroll HB User
Re: Anyone get chest pains week before period?

I had pains before my period but it was on my right side... turned out to be my gallbladder, but the weird thing was it always happened like clockwork exactly 10 days before my period I would have a "mini" attack and then 3 days later (a week before my period) I would have a major one (lasted 11 hours from 3pm to 2am -worst pain ever, much worse than childbirth!) I could never get an answer from anyone why it was that I was always having these pains at this time and never any time else no matter what I ate or did (which is why I refused surgery for so long until I went septic and had to have my gb taken out). I still get chest pains on the right, shortness of breath, dizzyness and tingling in my arm a week before my period although now it's somewhat bearable... one surgeon I spoke to did mention that there is something having to do with the lungs that can cause that sort of pain and *is* related to menstrual cycle and recommended the next time I had an attack to go in and have a chest x-ray to look at my lungs, but he moved and when I tried to get the hospital to do an xray during an attack they didn't want to because they knew I had gall stones anyway, urgh. I thought it had to do with endometriosis, but except for the one surgeon I couldn't get any other doctor to agree with me since the pain always occurred before, not during, my period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2002, 05:47 PM   #3

bevy82 HB User
Re: Anyone get chest pains week before period?

I used to get chest pains quite often also. I even went to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack they couldn't find anything so they said it was my nerves. One time while traveling I started to get severe chest pains. My husband suggested taking off my bra until we could get to a hospital. Within minutes the pains stopped. After a few months I realized that PMS was causing my breasts to swell (a lot) thus causing my bra to squeeze me to death. Sounds elementary I know, but when I start PMS and feel that familiar tenderness, I know to wear the "PMS" bras for a few days. It's been at least 12 years and no more pain!!

Closed Thread