It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2002, 08:20 AM   #1

fedupgirl HB User
Lump that may be endo?

Last Friday I had surgery to remove something from my abdomen. The dr. speculated (before surgery) that it was either a hernia or a fatty tumor. After the procedure he told my husband that he removed "something" that was a little smaller than a golfball (bigger than he had thought it would be) that was attached to my stomach muscle and part of my stomach wall. He had to insert a mesh screen so that I would not get a hernia in that location, becuase he had to remove some muscle. He now thinks that it may be endometriosis (that is what my gyno and I had thought it may be but we were not sure - hard to diagnose and I had a lump in my abdomen that was VERY painful). Anyway...I was wondering if anyone on these boards with endo has had lumps like this in that location - or anywhere? It seems pretty far from my girlie parts, but I know it can spread. Also if anyone on here has any suggestions, or has had a similar lump, I would love to hear your opinion (or diagnoses). He sent the lump for testing but I have to wait until the 11th to find out anything. One last thing, can anyone tell me some of the concerns, if any, that are associated with endo and pregnancy? I want more kids (not yet though!!) and my daughter was born at 24 weeks gestation due to a detached placenta. Never thought about it before but if I do have endo - could that have caused the premie birth? THANK YOU all for your replies!! I GREATLY appreciate them all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2002, 09:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: Lump that may be endo?

Endo actually goes into an inactive stage during pregnancy do chances are it had nothing to do with your daughter being born early. Oneof my friends has had Endo since she was about 13. She is 27 now and has three kids and no trouble with any of them being born early. Matter of fact two were born on their exact due dates and the other was born a few day before her due date.
Endo can cause problems getting pregnant it depends on how your body is. The friend mentioned about was told at 16 she needed to have kids then because her chances would be almost nil by the time she was in her 20s. She didnt have kids then she waited until she was married and then had her first son at age 20. Her doctor was surprised.
Actually Endo isnt that hard to get a proper diagnosis. A surgery called laparoscopy is the best way to know for sure.
You can do a search and find many sites about Endo. I know quite a few but cant post them here. A search on *********** will get you great results.

Closed Thread