It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

lismark HB User
increased cramping

Is it possible for the type of cramps you have to change or get more severe?? for the past 2-3 months, I have really bad lower back pain about a week before my period. The bad thing is that it starts to spread to my abdomen then down my legs. It feels achy, like when you have the flu. Today it is beginning to spread up my back. Just wondering if anyone else has had changes in the way they have cramps and such. Also, I did change birth control pills twice in the last 6 months, not sure if that has an effect.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Re: increased cramping

It seemed like my cramps got worse and worse as I got older.

It got to the point where I would throw up from the pain on a monthly basis.

Then I got put on alesse (bcp) and my period cramps now just feel like gas pains.

It's been beautiful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2002, 05:46 AM   #3

hulagirl HB User

When I started taking birth control pills, I was having my periods more then once a month and more cramping. I went to my doctor and he said, when I started the pill that it would take my body about 3 months to ajust to the pills. I thought he was full of it, these things aren't working or soemthing!
He was right after the 3rd month my periods were on schedule, lighter, and less cramping. You said you have been on 2 different pills in the last 6 months, that maybe the cause. I would check with your doctor just to be sure.
If your having more then normal cramps during or right after your period it could be (indometreoseis) not sure if I spelled that correctly. It basiclly makes your periods more painful and alot of times the pain will last til after your period. ALot of women get it and you have a very small surgery to remove the (indo) After that most women are fine. If left untreated though, it can scar your ovaries and make it harder to get pregnant.
Hope you find out the cause,
HuLa

Old 12-21-2002, 05:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

yes, what hula said could be a possibility but I thought I'd add to it.

endometriosis is when the endometrium (the one that gets thicker and bleeds when you menstruate) starts to grow outside your uterus. (!) This can cause severe cramps, infertility, and heavy bleeding.

There's a couple of treatments for it, one of the most common being laser surgery to burn off the tissue growing outside your uterus.

Closed Thread