It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2002, 05:03 PM   #1

lemichele HB User
Appendicitis?? Anyone here ever had that?? Help!

I have had pain on my right side of my navel, above my pelvic bone for the past 3 days. It hurts when I cough, or if I move my waist at all, and when I sleep on my right side. I'm 26 years old, and have gotten something like this before, but never so severe or lasting so long. If I touch that area at all, it really hurts...

I don't have a fever (unless you call .2 degrees a fever, which I don't!) and my appetit is a little diminished, so I'm not nauseous.

I'm worried it *could* be appendicitis, but I don't know! I've looked online and I have some of the symptoms, but not all of them. I'm going away for the holidays, and so I don't want to go to a doctor right now - but will if anyone here has had this and insists I go - I hate doctors!

Can anyone help??

Lee

Old 12-23-2002, 05:22 PM   #2

momma2boys HB User
Re: Appendicitis?? Anyone here ever had that?? Help!

go get it checked now in case you want to risk it bursting. Mine was so sore I was doubled over in pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2002, 08:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

A quick check with the doctor would let you know for sure.

IF you go away anyway . . . just check out and have in mind where you would go if it kicks up. There was a posting on ***** a couple of months ago about someone on vacation when the appendix started acting up, they thought it was the flu and didn't seek out a doctor, the thing burst, and when they finally got to the hospital they were touch and go for almost a week.

Best wishes that everything works out okay . . . hopefully its just some funny gas.

p.s. My diverticulitis pains were on the right side (rather than the left which is more usual), somewhat as you describe. It hurt when I got up or lay back down, otherwise it didn't hurt. Just to keep in mind.

Old 12-26-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
Inactive

da_boat HB User

I was 25 when I started having pains. They weren't the 'norm' for appendicitis. In fact, my doc was insistent it was an infected ovary. I went and had laporascopic (sp?) surgery to see, and guess what, it was that darn appendix. Even the doc was stumped, cause my symptoms weren't right. Check it out if it is still hurting you. Something is causing it, unless you pulled a muscle and it's healing, ya know?

Closed Thread