It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
(female)

Bricknee HB User
Why is my period so late?

My last period ended on September 7th, 2010. It is now October 19th, 2010 and I have yet to receive my period this month. I'm nineteen years old as of September. My cycles are usually 24 days, as of about February when I started counting them. I'm not on birth control and I am sexually active, but we always use condoms. In August we had a bit of a mishap where his condom slipped off during sex. The next morning we got Plan B from the pharmacy and I took it. My period was expected in a week on August 27th (My last one had ended on August 3rd) but it didn't come until exactly a week after it's due date on September 3rd. It wasn't just spotting it was a very heavy period. It ended 5 days later like usual. I've had sex since then but always with condoms and nothing has happened to make me suspect that it could have caused pregnancy. I'm not sure if Plan B has to do anything with it? It has been 42 days since my last period, I have taken a home pregnancy test with the result coming back a clear negative. I have a normal amount of discharge and often I get a small sensation of cramps in my stomach. But it never lasts long. I am a healthy weight but I haven't been very active since my last period, spending a lot of time at home because I lost my job and my boyfriend moved for University. Can anybody help?

Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Why is my period so late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricknee View Post
My last period ended on September 7th, 2010. It is now October 19th, 2010 and I have yet to receive my period this month. I'm nineteen years old as of September. My cycles are usually 24 days, as of about February when I started counting them. I'm not on birth control and I am sexually active, but we always use condoms. In August we had a bit of a mishap where his condom slipped off during sex.

This was a source of stress. I am not sure about the percentage rates for failures maybe somebody could inform me as to whether female condoms are better. I have seen a number of male condom failures now from breakage,holes or whatever.

The next morning we got Plan B from the pharmacy and I took it. My period was expected in a week on August 27th (My last one had ended on August 3rd) but it didn't come until exactly a week after it's due date on September 3rd. It wasn't just spotting it was a very heavy period.

I knew a woman who had 3 periods during her pregnancy and suprise of surprises she carried her babies to term!

It ended 5 days later like usual. I've had sex since then but always with condoms and nothing has happened to make me suspect that it could have caused pregnancy. I'm not sure if Plan B has to do anything with it? It has been 42 days since my last period,

I know a person who has had about 3 months without one and still had them later without an apparent pregnancy. How old are you?

I have taken a home pregnancy test with the result coming back a clear negative.

This is usually a good sign that you are not pregnant although false negatives in tests do happen.

I have a normal amount of discharge and often I get a small sensation of cramps in my stomach

Stomach or uterus?

. But it never lasts long. I am a healthy weight but I haven't been very active since my last period, spending a lot of time at home because I lost my jobThis is probably a source of stress for you as well as the worry about pregnancy.

and my boyfriend moved for University. Can anybody help?
And this is also probably a source of stress. So you have probably about 3 or 4 sources that can cause a delay. I suppose a health professional could be consulted if you want.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

Bricknee HB User

Alright, thank you so much for answering. I'm nineteen years old. I have no idea if the pains are the stomach or uterus. I believe it to be the uterus because it feels the exact same as cramps do when i'm about to get or am on my period. It feels lower than if i'm hungry or something. I thought the stress might be a delay. I've been freaking out for the past two weeks checking every second if my period has come yet. It's a lot to handle.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi! I know a woman whose period comes on with the use of spinach, peanut butter, beets or corn. She usually avoids those until day 28 of her cycle. I does sound like uterus area to me. The stomach is indeed the place where you get hungry have a nice day!

Closed Thread