It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

Coding777 HB User
Endometrial thickness

Hi all, I am back with another question. I recently had a follow up ultrasound to see if my fibroids have grown. My uterus basically looks like a bag of marbles with the largest one measuring 4.3 cm. The report stated that my ovaries were of normal size and a dominant follicle was seen in the left ovary measuring 2 cm. My uterus is mildly prominent measuring 12 cm long. Endometrial stripe is mildly prominent, at 1.4 cm which may be normal in a pre-menopausal patient, depending on the stage of menstruation.

So my question is, I was on day 15 of a 30 day cycle when this was taken, is 1.4 cm too thick for the endometrial stripe on this day? I also have multiple fibroids and I was wondering if this could cause it to look like the stripe is too thick? I had an endometrial biopsy last July and it came back normal. This was after YEARS of irregular menstrual cycles. I usually had a period every 3 months. I have now lost some weight (30 lbs) and my cycles have returned to normal, for the last 6 months I have had one every 30 days. I don't have pain or spotting or midcycle bleeding or any weird symptoms or bleeding. I am 40 years old and have never had an abnormal pap smear. I was just wondering about the endometrial stripe. I cannot find any info. on the internet except that the thickness varies. I have not heard from my doctor, the ultrasound was done 11 days ago. I picked up a copy of the report myself. Thanks for any info. it is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread