It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User
A possibility?

Firstly, I am on the pill and having unprotected sex with my partner.

We have been together a couple of months and each time, I have got my period. However...the last couple of weeks my breasts have been sore on and off, mostly around the sides, close to the nipple. Also, a little lower back pain. My doctor says there's no way I'd be pregnant if I am on the pill and take it properly, but 2 family members have fallen pregnant in the past whilst taking the pill.

Am I being paranoid about these symptoms? I thought I may have slept funny - my partner tends to get a bit cuddly during the night so I though it could also be his arm across my chest all night...

Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by Charlee 2010; 10-21-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
(female)

sheona HB User
Re: A possibility?

The contracteptive pill, depending which kind you are taking is between 95-98% effective so realistically there's like a 3-5% chance you can fall pregnant whilst taking it. That's a teeny tiny risk- especially if you have got your period!

Saying that, I was taking the mini pill (progesterone only-which has the higher 5% risk) when I fell pregnant with my first, I also had periods for the first 3 months :-/ So it's not impossible...

I'd do a pregnancy test just to make sure... or just wait and see- if it's longer than 72 hours since you fell pregnant, which i'm guessing it is (if you are), it's already too late for emergancy contraceptive (if that's the route you would take-dont mean to assume things). Legally you have oodles of time to decide what you want to do.

Good Luck,
Sheona

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
(female)

HeavenSent4Love HB User
Post Re: A possibility?

I would go buy test if I were you--- yes, you still can have a baby while you are on the pills- I guess your doctor knows nothing and also has not ever watched "I didn't know I was prengant" A lot of them were on the pill; took it right and still had a baby. People can have dreams even about having a baby and no I am not talking about esp dreams either. It is something that happens. You also do have sore nipples, or boobs, your back can also hurt, you feel dizzy, sleep more often, eat more, sometimes less, there are more things as well. Also as you know being late- but then again you can have the time of the month as well- I did for the first three months with my daughter

Last edited by HeavenSent4Love; 10-27-2010 at 05:54 AM.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User

Thanks for the replies!!

I will be doing a home pregnancy test. I forgot to mention in my original post but I am also bleeding between periods, which my doctor is putting down to hormones..5 days after my period ended, I took my pill late 4 hours. I bled for 2 days which my doc said was normal. The pill will do that. However, it's been 5 days since that bleeding stopped, I've taken my pill at the same time each day since then and have just started bleeding again.

Could this be a sign of pregnancy? Stressing out here..

Last edited by Charlee 2010; 10-22-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User

I havent had the pregnancy test yet but I have another concern relating to this that I hope someone can help answer.

In regards to my breakthrough bleeding, I thought I had finished so I went about having sex again, unprotected. The next day I realised I was still bleeding. If I am not pregnant, what are my chances now from having sex unprotected and breakthrough bleeding. I am on the pill!!

Thanks

Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
(female)

HeavenSent4Love HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlee 2010 View Post
I havent had the pregnancy test yet but I have another concern relating to this that I hope someone can help answer.

In regards to my breakthrough bleeding, I thought I had finished so I went about having sex again, unprotected. The next day I realised I was still bleeding. If I am not pregnant, what are my chances now from having sex unprotected and breakthrough bleeding. I am on the pill!!

Thanks
On, the pill- it 99.9 change you will not have baby--- but like I said you could have that change though that it could happen- sounds like it would be stress though

Last edited by HeavenSent4Love; 10-27-2010 at 05:52 AM.

Closed Thread