It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

larrytricia HB User
Unhappy Just had endometrial biopsy and worried about results

Hi all,

I just found this site while looking for information about the proceedure I just had. For the last few months I have been having pain during intercourse and my period has started the day after. My PCP sent me to have a transvaginal ultrasound that confirmed only small cysts and referred me to a gyn.

Went today and they decided to do an endometrial biopsy. After I have looked up information I am more concerned now then I was before the proceedure. (I know, the evils of the internet). As I have looked at the risk factors and signs of cancer, I realized I would finally win something if this were a contest.

I was only married 3 years ago, so very little sex until recently and no kids.
I am quite over weight
I have never had regular cycles
no I am having both pain and bleeding during sex (same thing happened from the ultrasound. I know that is not supposed to be painful, but it was and period started the next day.)
Also, I have always been scared of going for those yearly exams, so I have only had 3 in my life.

Now I am getting terrified I have let myself get cancer.

Anyone know if there are symptoms of the later stages of endometrial cancer. I know in the early stages there are many things that can be done and a good prognosis, but I have also had problems with lack of bladder control and crazy bowel habits. Now I have myself wondering if this could be a sign on something more serious.

I guess after all of that rambling, I am wondering if there are signs to the later stages and if the ultrasound or the exam today would have shown up something if it were a later stage cancer? I know the results will be in around a week from now, but it has only been a few hours and i am getting scared.

If you are still here, thanks for reading and sorry for being so windy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

Coding777 HB User
Re: Just had endometrial biopsy and worried about results

Hello, Larrytricia, I just read you post and I had a few questions if you don't mind. Do you know how thick your endometrial stripe was on your ultrasound? This may be the reason they did the biopsy. It can vary in thickness during the cycle and it is hard to find what is "normal" on the internet. But if you have irregular cycles this can cause it be thicker than normal and they usually do a biopsy when this happens. Most of the time, it does not turn out to be cancer but they have to check to make sure. I know, I had a biopsy last year because mine was too thick and it came back negative so try to keep thinking positive until you hear from the doctor. I too am overweight and experienced alot of irregular cycles before this biospy. As far as the bleeding,I don't know, I have not experienced that but I do hope they are able to figure out what is wrong and get you back in tip top shape shortly. Does the doctor think this may be a fibroid or possibly a polyp, I know they sometimes cause bleeding and sometimes can be hard to see on ultrasound but from what I understand they are rarely cancerous (but remember, I am not a doctor) . I know how hard it is not to worry. I am an expert at that and the long wait just makes it twice as hard. But you have taken the first step in finding out what is going on and that is a good thing. I will keep you in my prayers for a good result and keep us posted on the results.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

larrytricia HB User

Thank you Codding,

I did work myself into quite the fit just knowing I had endometrial cancer. I had an ultrasound a couple of months ago and decided to call my PCP to see if the ultrasound had checked the lining and bring me some peace until these results came back. I have the best PCP in the entire world. I did get upset talking to the receptionist, trying to tell her what I was doing and couldn't stop crying. Next thing I know, my PCP was calling me back and telling me to put the internet away.. LOL.. She talked to me for a while and had already called to gyn to see what he did to upset me.. LOL. She is really wonderful. She calmed a lot of my fears saying that they both feel it is probable endometriosis, but just did the test to rule out the cancer.

I told her I will wait to 'freak out' until she tells me to, so I am calmner now.

Thanks for listening and I will come back with whatever happens and try to learn from all of the life experience in this place.

The following user gives a hug of support to larrytricia:
Coding777 (10-24-2010)
Old 10-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
(female)

Coding777 HB User

larrytricia,
It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor. I have not been so fortunate but I am hopeful that one day I will find one. There has to be doctors out there who actually practice medicine to help people. Pleast keep me posted with your results. I am hopeful everything will be just fine.

Closed Thread