It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
(female)

jiji910 HB User
Need A diagnosis.

I am 18 years old. I have been with my boyfriend for a year now, and was sexually active before him. I'm on birth control, Loestrin 24 Fe. I am getting UTIs, yeast infections, and other infections all the time. I also have constant discharge that sometimes smells, and on occasion incontinence. Recently, I went to the doctor and was told I had another yeast infection, Im done with the medicine now, but there is still discharge, and burning. Additionally, the last days of the medicine, I bleed a little. The doctor also switched my birth control due to the fact I was spotting throughout the month ( brown discharge).

Ive been tested, I dont have any STDs. I am relativity healthy, my diet isnt the best ( little to no fruits and veggies) but you cant do much at college about it.
I also get this pinching feeling in my pelvis on occasion, sometimes I cant even more. Which makes me consider endometriosis, which my mom had.

Ive been told some people just have these problems, but the recurrence and connection, Id like to have an end to this. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
(female)

frankieswife HB Userfrankieswife HB User
Re: Need A diagnosis.

Your doctor should be made aware (if he/she isn't already) of the fact that endometriosis is in your family history. There are simple causes of these problems as well. For the yeast infections, if you are taking any type of antibiotic (young women commonly take them on a daily basis to treat acne for example), this can actually cause a decrease in the normal "good" bacteria in your vaginal area, therefore allowing the yeast (which is normally in our vaginal area to begin with) to take over, causing a yeast infection. Another thing that can cause yeast infections is tight clothing, or not changing your underwear enough, sexual transmission (your partner can transmit a yeast infection to you), like you said diet, chemicals like perfumes or inks/dyes can disrupt the balance of yeast down there too.

Another important thing to mention is that you should always make sure to try to urinate immediately following sexual intercourse. This allows your body to get clean down there, if you don't it can definitely lead to infections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

jiji910: Another thing to be careful of is whether or not you might be allergic to your partners sperm. Also be careful when you're wiping yourself that you're not getting any feces in that area. Are you douching? If you are then you might be upsetting the good bacteria in there. UTI's can also be caused from holding back your urine too much. Eating alot of "white" foods can increase the yeast in your body too. Try to do a better job at the fruits and vegetables and make sure you're drinking enough water.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #4
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User

When you say you are free of STI's, make sure you ask specifically for HSV as this is not covered in a general test.

Good luck

Old 11-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
(female)

beatlebug HB User

I have had the problem with UTI's after sex, when I was married. I can't remember it happening with my past relationships. But some of the things I know is that my bladder has chronic inflammation, my uterus had the same, and anytime I take cipro or bactrim for treatment, it gives me the yeast infection, so now to fight that, I take difflucan after treatment with the antibiotic. It helps. If you get the yeast infection while having sex, sounds like your partner is giving it to you. You two could be passing it back and forth to each other (it is contagious). 92261 knows what they are talking about, so be sure to listen to them! I think it's important to wipe yourself off front to back with a moist toilette after sex. Also, don't let yourself get too dry while having sex, that causes part of the burning and pain, you could try some type of lubricant for that, or if you get to that point while having sex, make your partner stop.

Closed Thread