It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

lacey39 HB User
missed period, negative preg. test

I had my last period on September 24th, I took an ovulation test 2 weeks after and it said I was ovulating. I was supposed to start Friday October 29th, but never got my period. I am very irritable, clumsy, gassy, have tender breast, and some cramping. I also have pressure in my lower abdomen and bloating. I have taken a few pregnancy tests, some in the morning and others in the afternoon or evening and all of them have come back negative. Does this mean I am not pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

Altari HB UserAltari HB User
Re: missed period, negative preg. test

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey39 View Post
I have taken a few pregnancy tests, some in the morning and others in the afternoon or evening and all of them have come back negative. Does this mean I am not pregnant?
How long was it between tests? Sometimes, you can have negative tests even when you're pregnant. The negative results can last for a few days, a few weeks or (rarely) you're entire pregnancy. You're "supposed" to test with the first urine of the morning and wait about a week between tests if one is negative.

If you've been TTC, maybe try to get in touch with your OBGYN. They can do a blood test and/or exam to see if you're pregnant or not. Short of getting your period, s/he is the only one who could say for sure that you are[n't] expecting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
(female)

lacey39 HB User

Thank you for the reply. I have become kind of impatient when it comes to testing because of the way I feel. I feel pregnant and I dont understand why the tests are coming back negative. I usually test every other day or so in the morning. I am thinking that if I am still getting a negative result and still have not got my period by the end of the week that I will go to the doctor to get a blood test taken. I will definately try and wait until the end of the week to take another test.
Thanks again

Old 11-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
(female)

Annshores2005 HB User

Im having that same issue. I do not understand either. unless its way to early to tell.. 3 years ago I had a miscarage and it took me 6 weeks to get a positave test back.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #5
(female)

covergirl38 HB Usercovergirl38 HB User

Not sure how old you are, but I just turned 38 a month ago. I was supposed to get my period on 9/29 and it didn't come. Swore UP AND DOWN I was pregnant, because in the past, whenever I'm late, I am pregnant ( I have two boys). I also had VERY sore breasts, tired, etc. So, I took the urine tests and two blood tests - all negative. I thought what the heck is going on??? My period came on 10/15 - almost two weeks late and I had severe cramps- something of which I never had since age 12!!! Now before this, my period came 8 days early and was very light.

SO, I am chaulking it up to my now "old" age and cannot depend on my norma 28 day cycle anymore. I was regular to a T.

Not to say that you might not be pregnant (sounds like that's what you want) because you could still be. I did NOT want to be pregnant so I was relieved.

I hope you get what you want!

Last edited by covergirl38; 11-03-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Closed Thread