It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

Charlee 2010 HB User
Ongoing problem..help!

I have posted numerous threads regarding my problem, but with no helpful suggestions. Hopefully someone can shed some light to my situation. I will be as brief as I can..

...Basically, for the last 2-3 months I have been bleeding between periods. I am on the pill - been on the same one for 5 years with no problems. I am sexually active. My partner has HSV-2 I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which I'm not sure if it is worth mentioning but want to cover everything. I bloat massively..

...I thought my bleeding could be from my partner having HSV-2 as we have had unprotected sex before we knew he had the virus. I had a blood test for antibodies done which was negative. My partner and I are both clear of any other STI's. My doctor said my bleeding would not be a symptom of having the virus. My last pap test 8 months ago was fine - was not having sex then.

...At one stage I thought my bleeding was happening after sex, but once this was happening without intercourse I realised sex wasn't the issue. Although I have bled after sex in the past, but was told this could be from rough sex or the penis hitting my cervix.

...My doctor initially thought my problem was hormonal as I was breaking out in acne and my breasts were quite sore...and still are. I have been a little stressed lately (and have had major stress more so than this in the past) but with no problem like this. The only thing I can out it down to is, I didn't have this problem until I started having sex again (I wasn't sexually active for 4 years after my last partner, until now).

...Other symptoms I have been experiencing - an itchy and swollen urethra on and off, a thick white discharge and a slight stinging sensation on and off - not sure if it's coming from my urethra or further inside the vagina. I have no pain in that area, nor when having intercourse.

...I went for a pelvic ultra sound and I get the results today. My doctor wanted to check my ovaries...as I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and suffer from severe bloating, I have also read that this symptom can actually be related to ovarian problems...I am really starting to stress.

...If this just comes down to hormonal, how can this be fixed?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and/ or comment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread