It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

ktpoetry HB User
Late Period, Sore Breasts, Spotting... What's going on?

Ok. I appear to have a bit of a quandary on my hands. My period is about 14 days late. My breasts are aggravatingly sore and tender to the point where I almost want to cry (and have been this way for almost 3 weeks), and I have been a bit tired lately, but other than that I have no pregnancy symptoms. I also have had minimal deep red spotting, much like the light flow I normally experience at the very beginning of my period... but this has been going on for the past 4 days, and it hasn't led to any sort of normal period-like bleeding. I am 30 years old, slightly overweight but not morbidly obese or anything (in fact I have been losing weight.)

I was pregnant once before, several years ago, but it ultimately ended in a missed miscarriage. I do not have anywhere near the insane nausea, exhaustion, moodiness etc. that I experienced during my first pregnancy. Just the breast pain, late period, and weird spotting.

I took one HPT about 6 days ago and it came back negative. I haven't taken another one yet, as I assumed the spotting was the onset of my period.

About 3 months ago I began taking Adderall XR again to manage my ADD, which was beginning to seriously affect my life in negative ways. Everything I read says Adderall does not effect a woman's menstrual cycle. It has, however, caused a quite noticeable change in my eating habits. I've been eating fewer meals, less boredom snacking and whatnot, and eating a lot healthier (more salads etc and VERY little junk food) I've also been a bit more active since i began taking them again (walking more regularly, nothing too extreme)l. I've lost about 20 pounds in 3 months. My periods were regular and like clockwork (they usually are) up until this month though.

I did miss one birth control pill completely last month (didn't double up the following day either, which was dumb I know), and I took a few several hours later than normal when we were on vacation last month....

Could this all be my hormones and cycle reacting to diet change or weight-loss? It doesn't seem like 20 lbs over 3 months is really excessive... Or perhaps because I took a few pills at a different time of the day than usual (I am normally EXTREMELY on top of this)

I really cannot afford a child right now. We just bought a house, and a new car and my boyfriend of 3 years will be, to put it mildly, REALLY ****** OFF if I managed to get pregnant right now, of all times. I also just switched jobs & my new insurance doesn't kick in for another month and a half (great timing.......)

I'm actually terrified to take another HPT for fear it will be positive.

Just wondering if anyone had any insight into what could possibly be going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB Usercryingforever HB User
Re: Late Period, Sore Breasts, Spotting... What's going on?

I think pregnant!!! Either that or maybe have pcos and now getting irregular periods, or just stress or anything could be making it late. but the symptoms you have i think pregnant. you need to test. scary i know but you need to. you will drive yourself crazy if you don't lol. what would you do if its positive ?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktpoetry View Post
Ok. I appear to have a bit of a quandary on my hands. My period is about 14 days late. My breasts are aggravatingly sore and tender to the point where I almost want to cry (and have been this way for almost 3 weeks), and I have been a bit tired lately, but other than that I have no pregnancy symptoms. I also have had minimal deep red spotting, much like the light flow I normally experience at the very beginning of my period... but this has been going on for the past 4 days, and it hasn't led to any sort of normal period-like bleeding. I am 30 years old, slightly overweight but not morbidly obese or anything (in fact I have been losing weight.)

I was pregnant once before, several years ago, but it ultimately ended in a missed miscarriage. I do not have anywhere near the insane nausea, exhaustion, moodiness etc. that I experienced during my first pregnancy. Just the breast pain, late period, and weird spotting.

I took one HPT about 6 days ago and it came back negative. I haven't taken another one yet, as I assumed the spotting was the onset of my period.

About 3 months ago I began taking Adderall XR again to manage my ADD, which was beginning to seriously affect my life in negative ways. Everything I read says Adderall

In my opinion this drug should not be accepted by anyone it can cause permanent life changing side effects.

does not effect a woman's menstrual cycle. It has, however, caused a quite noticeable change in my eating habits. I've been eating fewer meals, less boredom snacking and whatnot, and eating a lot healthier (more salads etc and VERY little junk food) I've also been a bit more active since i began taking them again (walking more regularly, nothing too extreme)l. I've lost about 20 pounds in 3 months. My periods were regular and like clockwork (they usually are) up until this month though.

I did miss one birth control pill completely last month (didn't double up the following day either, which was dumb I know), and I took a few several hours later than normal when we were on vacation last month....

Could this all be my hormones and cycle reacting to diet change or weight-loss? It doesn't seem like 20 lbs over 3 months is really excessive... Or perhaps because I took a few pills at a different time of the day than usual (I am normally EXTREMELY on top of this)

I really cannot afford a child right now.

I guess if you are pregnant the baby could be given to someone who can't have one and wants one but you could miscarry anyway since you mention the possibility. If you are pregnant most women are told to stay off of most medications and substances for the sake of the baby.

We just bought a house, and a new car and my boyfriend of 3 years will be, to put it mildly, REALLY ****** OFF if I managed to get pregnant right now, of all times. I also just switched jobs & my new insurance doesn't kick in for another month and a half (great timing.......)

I'm actually terrified to take another HPT for fear it will be positive. You will know anyway and maybe you could relieve yourself of some anxieties.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

Paris01 HB User

...sounds like you have a pregnancy on your hands.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
(female)

beatlebug HB User

Sounds like pregnancy, yep.. My mom missed one of her birth control pills too, and had twins, one which is me. LOL. Spotting after getting pregnant is normal. You can spot like that monthly. Don't let that fool you. It is not due to your period, I forget what the cause of that is. I saw it on tv, this woman didn't know she was pregnant because she was doing that monthly, while taking birth control pills the entire time, didn't go through symptoms of pregnancy, and didn't know what was going on until the baby started actually coming out of her. Oh god, it was horrible. Do you have any women's health clinics nearby? They will take you in for free & give you medication you need if your low income, they can run a blood test on you to see if your pregnant. Which if you are, it needs to be done, especially with you taking Adderall, that might harm your baby. And your going to have more energy taking Adderall XR and eat less/lose weight. Adderall is speed. When you have ADD or ADHD, it can help you focus, concentrate, there are kids out there that cannot function at all without that medication, it is god sent to them. And Adderall is not going to cause you to miss your period and have spotting problems. You need to go see a doctor. Your hubby will just have to get over it. If that's the case.

Last edited by beatlebug; 11-07-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktpoetry View Post

About 3 months ago I began taking Adderall XR again to manage my ADD, which was beginning to seriously affect my life in negative ways. Everything I read says Adderall does not effect a woman's menstrual cycle.

There are a lot of children out there who have permanent tic disorders. Adderall is probably one of the causes of these. Those kids will suffer the rest of their lives with a movement disorder.

It has, however, caused a quite noticeable change in my eating habits. I've been eating fewer meals, less boredom snacking and whatnot, and eating a lot healthier (more salads etc and VERY little junk food) I've also been a bit more active since i began taking them again (walking more regularly, nothing too extreme)l. I've lost about 20 pounds in 3 months. My periods were regular and like clockwork (they usually are) up until this month though.

I really cannot afford a child right now. We just bought a house, and a new car and my boyfriend of 3 years will be, to put it mildly, REALLY ****** OFF if I managed to get pregnant right now, of all times. I also just switched jobs & my new insurance doesn't kick in for another month and a half (great timing.......)

I'm actually terrified to take another HPT for fear it will be positive.

Last edited by sjb; 11-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Closed Thread