It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
(female)

pizzapizzapie HB User
Causes of sore aching boobs?

I'm 20 years old, over the last 3/4 days i've noticed by boobs have been appearingvery noticeably bigger (or swolen maybe?) and they've been aching round the sides.
Last night they became very sore all over and started aching all over. They feel very tender to touch today.

I told my flatmates and the obvious response was " you pregant?" but i'm fairly certain i'm not.
I'm also not due on for another 2 weeks and i've never experience pain in my brests when i am.

What else can cause this bar pregnancy???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Causes of sore aching boobs?

pizza: this could be fibrocystic breast disease. It's lumpy breasts. It gets worse right before your period with the increase of estrogen. It's also worsened by caffeine. Just check your breasts to make sure you don't have any serious lumps. Next time you're at the gyno ask him about it. There's nothing you can do about it, it's just something you've got to live with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

Just wanted to add that they don't even call it a disease anymore, but rather Fibrocystic Breast Condition--it is very common and a benign condition.

Also, sometimes breasts get very sore and tender before your monthly cycle.

I agree with getting a check-up with the doctor--should always do that with any changes, just in case.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #4
(female)

pizzapizzapie HB User

Thanks for the information both
I've checked my brests for lumps and I'm pretty sure their aren't any. They still felt very tender last night but are slightly better today.
Also I think i've started my period this morning, which is a little perculiar since my cycle normally lasts 27 days and it's day 18?!
But I'm thinking maybe they are just hurting due to the upcomming irregular period maybe? they never normally hurt though.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

My cycle fluctuates, also. I had very tender and sore breast this past week and a half and just got my period this am also.

Maybe that it is what it is.

Also, if you were to go to a doctor and did have a lump, they are usually not cancerous if you have a cyst and some pain with it. I just went through all that and ended up being fine after some testing.

Just wanted to mention it in case you find you do have a cyst--most times women are fine and it is common.

Have a great day!

Closed Thread