It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #1
(female)

Grizabella HB User
Changing the pill because of a side effect and side effect hasn't gone.

If anyone can help me I'd be so grateful, this is really getting me down, I am only 18.

I was on Yasmin for nearly a year when I noticed my vagina started becoming overheated and stings to touch (on the outside mainly). This had been happening for nearly three months, and sex wasn't enjoyable, not so bad that it's impossible but bad enough so that I don't enjoy it very much and so have been put off plus it's uncomfortable generally. It only subsided during my period and came back a day after I started a new pack.

I finally went to the doctor and she thought it was a hormone problem, as I suspected and so she changed the pill to Femodene, which has slightly more estrogen I think and a completely different progesterone (she thought the progesterone in Yasmin was the culprit).

For the first 2 weeks of taking Femodene, the problem disappeared completely and I was so happy and relieved but then suddenly it came back again with 7 pills left in the pack. I am so upset because I can't see why it has come back. It suddenly came back after a long day out, sitting on trains and walking all over the place. When I had the problem before, it usually does get worse after a long day out. Also, just before the problem came back I developed a Bartholin cyst down there, only a small one (but still painful) and my first one and it disappeared within three days, after which the initial problem returned. My stools have also suddenly become dry.

I am free of STDS and yeast infection as I had tests done. I have changed my washing powder, my diet, fragranced products (not that I used any anyway), only wear cotton clothes.

I don't know what to do, I feel like I will have this problem forever. Do you think I need to give the new pill more time? Please help.

Last edited by Grizabella; 11-08-2010 at 04:31 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread