It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
(female)

Pepperpotty HB User
I couldn't have a pap smear

Hi guys,

Last week I went for a routine smear test. I've struggled to use tampons for the last year or so, and over the last few months I have began to feel quite sore internally. When I went for my smear I was in so much pain that the nurse couldn't get anywhere near my cervix. She tried 3 times and the pain was almost unbearable. She managed to take a swab to check to see if I had an infection, and she thought that would be the likely cause of my pain. But the results have come back and I'm all clear which makes me worried about what is causing all the pain.
Within half an hour of the exam I started getting really bad abdominal pain which lasted all night and even now I have a slight pain in my stomach not dissimilar to period pains.
She has booked me an appointment with my gp on Thursday so she can have another go at taking a smear. I'm really dreading it and not sure how she will manage it without knocking me out!
Has anyone else not been able to have a smear due to the pain?
Thanks
Emma

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
First Smear after Leep coming up and so nervous! smith77 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 4 10-20-2008 08:03 PM
Bad News about Follow Up Pap Smear Leah007 Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian 3 11-10-2007 11:22 AM
smear test worry etcher67 Women's Health 2 10-23-2007 02:51 PM
Pap smear kellyuu Women's Health 6 10-26-2006 05:50 PM
Smear test Aintgotaclue Women's Health 0 09-22-2006 01:52 PM