It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User
Unhappy UGH Not sure what is going on....

Okay, I'm gonna try to keep this short!

So I'm not sure where to start so forgive me it this seems all over the place... I had my youngest daughter Oct 20th and it seems since then I have had nothing but problems. Well the problems started when I was pregnant... I call it "crazy" for lack of a better explanation.. When I got preggers with her, I became a huge mess.. I was paranoid about everything and had a lot of anxiety... With the craziness I had gestational diabetes... After I had her I learned the following Feb that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (hypothryoidism) and a vitamin D deficiency.. Done with a brief history of medical issues, and now to what is going on now and seeming to get worse..

I have been having some really crazy things going on that are associated with my period.. For instance, this month, I started spotting and cramping on a tues Nov 2nd to be exact and didn't actually start the "real" bleeding until today.. I never used to have cramps but they are something awful now I mean I think they are almost as bad as labor! Along with this craziness of taking 7 days to "start" my period, I have absolutely NO tolerance.. I mean NONE what so ever and I have feeling of rage.. Like I'm not happy to tell anyone this but I feel that it may help in putting the pieces together with this story, anyways, the morning started off horrible with my girls and after normal daily issues I couldn't help but tell my children that I hated them and that I wanted a new family. With that said, immediately afterwards I started bawling and apologizing for my "tantrum" if u will,... I am not like this, I love my family, I love my children, they are actually probably some of the most well behaved kids that I know

So I guess my question would be, what do you guys think could be causing this? I'm pretty sure that this is some how hormone related.. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any help, advice, or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for reading this and I apologize for the length..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: UGH Not sure what is going on....

luvmy2girls: This sounds like post partum depression. Your hormones are trying to readjust after having the baby. Talk to your Ob/gyn about it. Many women go through it. Hormones control your brain more than you know. Are you on meds for the thyroid problems? Meds sometimes have side effects that could play a part in this too. Do you have a good support system at home to help you so you can try to get some rest? It's overwhelming you and you need to try to take it easy and get through this.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
luvmy2girls (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
luvmy2girls: This sounds like post partum depression.

Are you on meds for the thyroid problems?

Thank you for replying! I forgot to put the year that she was born. I had her OCT 20 2009, she has just turned a year old!! With that said, could it still be Post Partum Depression? Hormone imbalance? AND Yes I am on thyroid hormone replacement. I take 90mgs of Erfa Thyroid (natural dessicated) I was taking Synthroid prior and wasn't getting the results that I wanted and switched to natural verses synthetic...

Thank you again for your help

Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User

luvmy2girls: it's very possible that the PPD could last that long. Were you breastfeeding? Even if you weren't your body is still in the change mode to returning to pre-pregnancy state. Ask your doctor about it. How old are you?

Old 11-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
luvmy2girls: it's very possible that the PPD could last that long. Were you breastfeeding? Even if you weren't your body is still in the change mode to returning to pre-pregnancy state. Ask your doctor about it. How old are you?

I am 28 years old and I was breastfed her for about 3-4 months... I ran out of milk. The just stop producing or something.. I wasn't able to breastfeed very long with my fist either.. My breast seem to just run out or milk or stop producing...

I also forgot to add to my initial post some other issues that are extremely problematic during my period.. Okay so after 7 days of my body "trying" to start my period I finally start bleeding which is just short of hemoraging "not really but it seems like it" I have to wear a pad along with a super plus absorbency tampon and I still have to changed it every 2 hrs and during this time it is extremely painful to use the bathroom. I hurts to take the tampon out, it hurts to have a bowel movement, it hurts to fart, it feels like my insides are ripping out of me and coming out of my butt..... This is sooooo painful that it actually brings tears to my eyes and sometimes I just scream cause it hurts soo bad... Also, I get HORRIBLE headaches that seem to be tied to my period, It actually feels better to hit my head against the wall then to feel the headache..

Has you ever heard of such a thing?
experienced such a thing?

Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvmy2girls: You need to tell your doctor what's going on. Who knows what happened in there when you had the baby last year. You could be developing endometriosis. As far as the bowel movements go you need to increase your fiber and water consumption. Also start eating more P fruits. Pineapple, prunes, pears, peaches, etc. P=Poop! You could also take a magnesium supplement. Your body knows when you have enough magnesium because you'll end up with loose stools. You can also get magnesium from dark chocolate, nuts and green vegetables. If these bowel problems don't go away then you might need to see a gastroenterologist and get checked for IBS. If you're a caffeine drinker, caffeine depletes the magnesium from your body but it should also help move your bowels anyway.

Look at some of the web sites that are posted on the right side of the screens here about PPD. See if you find any info that relates to your issues.

The headaches are probably hormone related but the magnesium could help calm them down some. You could also try adding some B6 and B12 to your diet too. They both help with head issues. One last thing - if you're a diet soda drinker, that could cause these headaches. The artificial sweeteners are nasty and cause more problems than what they're worth. They mess with the neurotransmitters in the brain. Take care.

The Following User Says Thank You to 92261 For This Useful Post:
luvmy2girls (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
Okay, I'm gonna try to keep this short!

So I'm not sure where to start so forgive me it this seems all over the place... I had my youngest daughter Oct 20th and it seems since then I have had nothing but problems. Well the problems started when I was pregnant... I call it "crazy" for lack of a better explanation.. When I got preggers with her, I became a huge mess.. I was paranoid about everything and had a lot of anxiety... With the craziness I had gestational diabetes... After I had her I learned the following Feb that I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (hypothryoidism)

Someone I knew ran a little bit low on thyroid and the doctor told her to use iodine supplements and seaweed and it corrected. The periods improved over time also but lots of other things were done including skipping all the artificial chemicals in the body.

and a vitamin D deficiency.. Done with a brief history of medical issues, and now to what is going on now and seeming to get worse..

I have been having some really crazy things going on that are associated with my period.. For instance, this month, I started spotting and cramping on a tues Nov 2nd to be exact and didn't actually start the "real" bleeding until today.. I never used to have cramps but they are something awful now I mean I think they are almost as bad as labor! Along with this craziness of taking 7 days to "start" my period, I have absolutely NO tolerance.. I mean NONE what so ever and I have feeling of rage.. Like I'm not happy to tell anyone this but I feel that it may help in putting the pieces together with this story, anyways, the morning started off horrible with my girls and after normal daily issues I couldn't help but tell my children that I hated them and that I wanted a new family. With that said, immediately afterwards I started bawling and apologizing for my "tantrum" if u will,... I am not like this, I love my family, I love my children, they are actually probably some of the most well behaved kids that I know

So I guess my question would be, what do you guys think could be causing this? I'm pretty sure that this is some how hormone related.. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any help, advice, or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for reading this and I apologize for the length..

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
luvmy2girls (11-10-2010)
Old 11-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
(female)

lulu23 HB Userlulu23 HB User

It sounds like you need some progesterone! Would you consider seeing a naturopathic doctor who can prescribe you some bio-identical progesterone to help with your symptoms?

The Following User Says Thank You to lulu23 For This Useful Post:
luvmy2girls (11-11-2010)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #9
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu23 View Post
It sounds like you need some progesterone! Would you consider seeing a naturopathic doctor who can prescribe you some bio-identical progesterone to help with your symptoms?
I would, however, there is none in my area AND they are not covered under my insurance.. We are currently trying to make ends meet with one income and its not working out too well..

I was doing a little more research on my symptoms and it seems that maybe I fit the criteria for endometriosis?????????/

Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
I would, however, there is none in my area AND they are not covered under my insurance.. We are currently trying to make ends meet with one income and its not working out too well..

I was doing a little more research on my symptoms and it seems that maybe I fit the criteria for endometriosis?????????/
Some people fit the criteria for endometriosis, low thyroid and candida albicans at the same time.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
(female)

luvmy2girls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Some people fit the criteria for endometriosis, low thyroid and candida albicans at the same time.

Thank you everyone for you advice and experiences! I did go to the OB/GYN and was diagnosed with endometriosis and the mood issue prior to period is most likely PMDD is what he said.. We are gonna go more conventional and try to treat both issues with birth control.. He wants me to do the Orto Evera Patch.

Thank you again

Old 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

If I were you I would read the insert that comes with the package before paying for it and understand every word on the page. Some meds can cause cancer and other fatalities such as stroke, heart attack, clots etc.

Closed Thread